Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children Trailer

Discuss films.
Stick
Flight Moderator

Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children Trailer

Post by Stick » Tue Feb 24, 2004 11:45 am

Hiya folks.

Thought i'd post the download link for the trailer for Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children.

For those who don't know, Final Fantasy VII was the installment which basically made the series and Squaresoft (now Square Enix) a household name in north america (even with chrono trigger. :))

The game was so popular that there were rumours about a sequel, similar to FFX-2 was created. However, a game sequel doesn't look possible.

Instead, those talented individuals at Square studios, decided to carry on the story of Cloud two years after the original events of the ending of the game. If you didn't know, the studio that's creating this also created the ever popular installment "Final Flight of the Osiris" which was released on the Animatrix DVD, and the less popular Final Fantasy: The Movie.

Watching the trailer just shows how beautiful this movie will look. If you're a fan of Final Fantasy, and have played VII, you'll want to know what happened to Cloud and the gang. It also makes me wish i worked for Square-Enix... :)

You can get the trailer here.

dan

Post by dan » Wed Feb 25, 2004 10:03 pm

I was a big fan of FF III (6 japanese) for the super nintendo. I didn't like the way that FF was mainstreamed with the 7th installment. However, i do like the way that this trailer felt. Cloud is mister fancy pants on that motorcycle. :)

Good stuff, can't wait.

Dan

Clank

Post by Clank » Fri Feb 27, 2004 6:08 pm

That trailer is SO COOL! FFVII is my second favorite game ever made (after Ico). I must see Advent Children. I have also heard rumors that they ARE going to make a sequel to FFVII for the PSP, and that Sony may only sell Advent Children as a bundle with new PS2's (very unlikey). Those are only rumors, though.

aquateen000

Post by aquateen000 » Fri Feb 27, 2004 10:33 pm

I also want to see this,but i was disapointed with the final fantsy:spirits within movie, it had nothing to do with any of the series.But advent children look like its FF7 with cloud and sepheroth(is that how you spell it?),so anyways i cant wait for this one!
"I gave up on books when 'To Kill A Mockingbird' gave me no useful advice on how to kill a mockingbird."

BlindingForce

Post by BlindingForce » Sat Feb 28, 2004 12:03 am

I think that reason alone, it not being like the games, is what disappointed me about the movie. However all in all I thought it was a great piece of work. 99% of the other people in the theatre didn't get it and proceeded to make fun of it ruining yet another fine moving going experience.

I unfortunately can't wait this because I'm on a mac and I won't download the windows media player. I'm not being a mac snob...just everything that I use now works...I don't want to go screwing up my machine. Thanks for posting those images. :)
Anthony Schiavino

Designer Blinding Force Productions
Mass Market Designer/Assistant TOR Books

neil

Post by neil » Sat Feb 28, 2004 12:17 am

I unfortunately can't watch this because I'm on a mac and I won't download the windows media player. I'm not being a mac snob...just everything that I use now works...I don't want to go screwing up my machine.
It won't screw up your mac.. Well it didn't screw mine up. I haven't watched the video yet either though.

The stills don't look like "Final Fantasy: Spirits Within" quality.. It looks like CD-ROM video.

Woody

Post by Woody » Mon Mar 01, 2004 3:01 am

That last shot where he puts on the sunglasses is awesome.

I really enjoyed Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within, so I don't doubt that this will be a good movie. My only problem with it is that, well, considering what happens to Sephiroth at the end of the game, should he really be in this movie? There's not really any need for this movie.

Stick
Flight Moderator

Post by Stick » Mon Mar 01, 2004 10:15 am

that part with sephiroth is basically a flashback from the game.

POSSIBLE SPOILER
they say that the man in the wheel chair is sephiroth himself... crippled by cloud from the game.....
but i don't agree with you saying that there's no need for this movie. people have been wanting a sequel for sometime to the original, and this is the next best thing to a full blown game sequel.

Dominican

Post by Dominican » Tue Apr 20, 2004 4:08 pm

SquareSoft sucks at making movies, have you seen the final fantasy animated series, its crap. The Spirits Within crap, and it made them sell some studio over in Hawaii i think. Dumb bastards, they just need a fan to slap them around an American one. This look better, they have improve foolish Square, learn from your mistakes.
Low budget artist...

Stick
Flight Moderator

Post by Stick » Tue Aug 31, 2004 4:01 am

this is a little bump.

here is where you can get the new trailer for the movie which was shown at E3 in Los Angeles this year... it also has english voiceovers especially made for the show.

It's in AVI format, and it is high quality and it's about 22-24megs in size. But it's oh so sweet to look at.

Nick

Post by Nick » Tue Aug 31, 2004 4:29 am

Thanks for the link Stick. I don't know how I missed this thread. Damn near soiled myself when I read about Advent Children a couple of months back, I heard a rumour that it wasn't going to be on general release though. I love the characters from FFVII, for me they were the most endearing from any of the games. Now lets see what this trailers like.....

Edit: WOW!!!!.....the voice overs as cheesy as it gets, but WOW!!

matt spangler

Post by matt spangler » Tue Aug 31, 2004 8:47 am

now why couldnt the FF movie be as good as that.