I R n00b.
No votes
Never.
20%

Total votes: 20

Clank

I Play Video Games...

Post by Clank » Tue Mar 02, 2004 7:14 pm

Do YOU play video games? Do I capitalize random words too much in my posts? You bet.[/b]

t i m

Post by t i m » Tue Mar 02, 2004 8:37 pm

Oh good lord...Counter - Strike has almost made me fail out of college so many times! :lol:

Woody

Post by Woody » Tue Mar 02, 2004 10:41 pm

There should be some option between "some" and "far too much". Something like, "all the time" or something. This poll in unfairly biased against people who play a lot of video games but don't consider it as far too much! Revolution! Gamers of the world unite! Demand respect! Hi-ya! :wink: :D

Niall

Post by Niall » Wed Mar 03, 2004 6:04 am

Yep.
My ibook isn't super duper enough to play UT 2004 so I go round and play it at much friends house. Good god, that game is good.

Also, I'm still playing THUG. I love it.

And we play 3 or 4 player Micro machines on my friends mega drive and Timesplitters 2 quite a bit too.

Stick
Flight Moderator

Post by Stick » Wed Mar 03, 2004 6:38 am

i'm currently playing final fantasy XI.

which is probally why i'm never on the forums as much anymore.. :(

and counter-strike. can't forget that. :)

dan

Post by dan » Wed Mar 03, 2004 7:41 am

I have had to give up video games for the past 4 years because of the college i'm going to. It's quite an intense program that has a lot of MFA expectations of the students.

My first year in school i played StarCraft and StarCraft: Broodwar too much and my grades actually went from a 3.25 to a 2.79 in a matter of a month. However, i was very good at it and was almost asked to play in the world league. :)

Dan

Clank

Post by Clank » Wed Mar 03, 2004 7:59 am

Whoa! Nucleardan, that's awesome! Well, sort of. Not the GPA part.

KA Woody, this poll is not biased! How dare you try to rebel! I chose the far too much option, too. :D

Right now I'm playing Xenogears, Otogi and soon Ninja Gaiden.

Thanks for all the responses you guys.

ChadTHX1138

Post by ChadTHX1138 » Wed Mar 03, 2004 10:23 am

I have been playing games since pong first came out. My best friend as a kid, get this.... he had a TAPE DRIVEN ATARI 2600 before the cartridge was invented HA! you had to load it into the machine just like you are waiting on a PS2 dvd but it took for damn ever to play space invaders.

I have alot of old consoles still. I liked games so much I started my art career working for the studio that made NBA JAM. I worked on games so much all day for 6 years that i got burned and didnt play at all for a couple years.

the game that I have been playing off and on for awhile is Advanced wars 2 for GBA and almost finished Medal of honor for PS2 and I just now got Kindom Hearts havent started it yet but looks cool. and I have been playing this awesome scooby doo game from THQ with my girlfriends daughter, I laughed my bum off when i would hear a well known actor as a villain like Tim Curry, Don Knotts and Tim Conway. Loads of fun!
Chad Townsend

Kean
Site Admin

Post by Kean » Wed Mar 03, 2004 2:04 pm

Dear video games,

I know this has been coming for quite some time, but I think it's time that we move on with our lives. Yes, I've found someone new [comics] to spend my time with, and I think it's best that we part and try to remain friends. We've been through so much together -- remember our Colecovisions or our very first text adventure together? Or the time we spent an entire, passion-filled night with Lesiure Suit Larry the night before a final exam? -- There have been so many good memories, and I think it would be a shame if we didn't still keep in touch once in awhile.

Please don't hate me. We'll always have Grand Theft Auto.

Love,
Kean

Ganter

Post by Ganter » Wed Mar 03, 2004 2:27 pm

kean haha nice

games... games... if I'm really intrigued, I'll play, but I don't get completely hooked like I used to anymore. There's just too many other things to do in life, and it's like... who am I living my life for? For the game makers so I can experience their dreams? or for myself so I can produce dreams of my own? yeah.

bluebottle

Post by bluebottle » Wed Mar 03, 2004 3:02 pm

used to be a too much person as well when i was about 15
can't do it no more. last time i played, about 6 months ago, was the lord of the rings: two towers game on ps2 and for two hours worth of play i ended up w/ sore thumbs for two day. damn they hurt :evil:
'something really witty/funny or profound here!'

Stick
Flight Moderator

Post by Stick » Thu Mar 04, 2004 8:40 am

Kean wrote:Dear video games,

I know this has been coming for quite some time, but I think it's time that we move on with our lives. Yes, I've found someone new [comics] to spend my time with, and I think it's best that we part and try to remain friends. We've been through so much together -- remember our Colecovisions or our very first text adventure together? Or the time we spent an entire, passion-filled night with Lesiure Suit Larry the night before a final exam? -- There have been so many good memories, and I think it would be a shame if we didn't still keep in touch once in awhile.

Please don't hate me. We'll always have Grand Theft Auto.

Love,
Kean

you should know kean... they're making a new leisure suit larry. :)

and a new GTA as well. Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas. Supposed to be in a San Francisco type environment. :)

dan

Post by dan » Thu Mar 04, 2004 9:33 am

I remember i used to wait at this kids house for the bus to come and his mother used to play Leisure Suit Larry.

The only thing i remember was Larry kickin' the livin' bah-jeezus out of a vagrant. :(

Dan

Monk

Post by Monk » Thu Mar 04, 2004 10:57 am

kean and ganter: I'm with you guys.

for me it's like a craving that wells up deep inside me from time to time. I have to satisfy it by binging on games for just about an entire weekend, at which point I feel totally worthless and stay away from them for a couple of months. it's a love/hate thing.

Clank

Post by Clank » Thu Mar 04, 2004 6:01 pm

Nucleardan, I looked at this preview of the new 3D Leisure Suit Larry, and it looks like a pretty perverted game. Heh. It's called Leisure Suit Larry: Magna Cum Laude.