New to the FLIGHT forums? Introduce yourself in this thread!

General Discussion
Carrie

Post by Carrie » Tue Oct 09, 2007 6:06 am

Hello there everyone.
I'm a miserable-git hermit, travelling the canals of the UK on my narrowboat. I mainly talk to ducks, my dog and the radio and am working on several illustration projects at once - which means none is anywhere near completion! In discovering this forum, I now have a whole new way of avoiding work- yay!
Power (electrical that is) is an issue for me as I rely on solar panels and truck-type batteries which makes uploading images difficult and my wifi internet connection can be a bit irregular too. But in spite of that, it's a lovely way to live and work!

Cities

Post by Cities » Tue Oct 09, 2007 5:11 pm

Hi everybody! My name is Jackson. I'm a writer and I'm in love with graphic novels/comics/webcomics, etc. I work at Newbury Comics in Boston, and I am currently going to music school. Good to be here :)

Jacks

Mario Estioko

Post by Mario Estioko » Mon Oct 15, 2007 9:17 am

Hi All,
My name is Mario. Shout out from Sacramento, California.

I'm a graphic designer/illustrator who has a great interest in this wonderful medium of sequential art. I've really enjoyed all the Flight volumes and am glad to find this meeting ground for the industry's future storytellers.
~mE

James_80

Post by James_80 » Thu Oct 18, 2007 12:35 pm

My name is James Gillespie and I am a Graphic Designer.
I reside in Winnipeg, Manitoba. I recently ordered flight from amazon and I love it. I checked out the blog and that led me here. I look forward to posting some artwork for feedback, also I look forward to participating in the ongoing topic discussions the flight forum offers. Thanks to everybody who made this opportunity possible.

Cheers,

Tmara

Post by Tmara » Mon Oct 22, 2007 3:46 am

Hi Carry, Jackson, Mario and James!

Carry: Always nice to find new ways of avoiding work isn't it? *grins* You're live style sounds very interesting.

Welcome to the forum all of you!

Magnet

Post by Magnet » Fri Nov 02, 2007 9:02 am

Hello. I'm a brit called Ben and I'm aiming to write graphic novels for my job. I'm working on my first book now and I hope to show you guys my work in progress for it soon. I've got a huge pile of artist's block at the moment though so it may be a while till I show you some art but I will someday.

My aim? To bring graphic literatute to Britain in a big way. Pretty big aim but I think I can do it.

flatrabbit

Post by flatrabbit » Fri Nov 02, 2007 10:26 am

Hey there! Been a fan of the flight stuff since early on. I've been a comics geek most of my 30+ years and I round that off by being a geek in other areas also (tech, rpgs, video games, music).

I lack any real artistic talent of my own so I like to indulge in the efforts of others.

I guess thats it....ummm..yeah...ok....so I'll go now....before this becomes awkward....hmm....too late I guess....
flatrabbit
--"We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars." - Oscar Wilde
‡ [ home ] ‡

MacArthurSoup

Post by MacArthurSoup » Sun Nov 04, 2007 2:16 pm

Thanks for the welcome. I'm happy to be here at the Flight Forums.

My name is MacArthur, and I'm a comic writer/illustrator. I also edit the comics section of my college newspaper (SCAD) and doodle freelance.

Let's talk about something wonderful!
De-Facto Art Website/Log.
http://macarthursoup.livejournal.com
Come on and visit. Kettle's on!

Mitch

Post by Mitch » Wed Nov 07, 2007 6:33 pm

Hey folks.

My name is Mitch Watley and I live in Juneau Alaska and like to draw cartoons and stuff. We don't have a comic shop here, so most of the comics I'm exposed to are through friends with similar tastes, Flight being really high on the list of the ones we follow.

So yeah, glad to have found these boards...

Ajahli

ARGH NEW

Post by Ajahli » Sun Nov 11, 2007 10:38 am

Hiiiii >_>

I'm Meaghan and I'm a Comic Student at MCAD (Senior year! Woo!). I'm not a big comic geek but I go for the more independent stuff and have been introduced recently to Flight and so far have loved seeing the work and have been interested to meet the people behind it. Mostly I joined so that hopefully I can interact more with other artists beside my DeviantArt circle.

I am currently working on a number of projects for class that I hope to get into a book by the end of next semester, and a collection of short stories I hope to have in book form during my senior show. I also just started doing a web comic, which I probably don't get enough time to work on, but I update typically once a week.

I have a website: http://www.ajahli.com There's a link to my DeviantArt page and stuff on there too.

Ok I've talked enough, Hellooo everyone :O

leo07

hi to all flight members

Post by leo07 » Tue Nov 20, 2007 7:51 am

hi! im leo, don't have any experience in making comic but i realy like to learn i also draw, when i see this forum i feel im very lucky to know this kind of forum i believe that i will learn a lot here. hope you can teach me guys... thanks very much to all member thanks very much to our admin. i think this is the start of my new career.... peace :)
Last edited by leo07 on Sat Nov 24, 2007 7:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kyle-latino

Post by kyle-latino » Thu Nov 22, 2007 10:45 am

Yo, all! My name is Kyle, and I love making comics. I am a recent college graduate looking at more schooling soon, and I work a full time job. Born, raised, and current resident in Indianapolis Indiana.

Please check out my website and let me and my friends know what you think! (see link below)

webcomic: dinopartycomics.com
deviantart: kyle-latino.deviantart.com

Joost

Post by Joost » Wed Nov 28, 2007 4:08 am

Hi, my name is Joost and I am a system administrator from the Netherlands.

I am a huge fan of the flight anthologies and especially Copper. I must say that the art in the Flight comics and here on the forum really inspired me. There are so many talented people here on the forum that I can’t wait to post some of my work and hear what you all think of it.

Groetjes,
Joost.
Last edited by Joost on Mon Feb 11, 2008 7:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

tensimon

introducing myself

Post by tensimon » Tue Dec 04, 2007 2:27 am

Hi,

I just posted over in the illustration forum about some tech issues I was having, so i thought I would come here and introduce myself properly.

I'm an english teacher in Japan, and my sole drawing output since my teenage years (when I read a lot of 2000AD, a brit comic for those that dont know, and also the immortal Tank Girl) has been birthday cards for my friends and family, and worksheets and flashcards for use in my lessons. My worksheets have gradually gotten more ornate however, much to the delight of my students, so I am now trying to take my scribbling a little more seriously, and actually do something with them - I am using my own art to illustrate a textbook I have written, and I am also working on starting a webcomic. (about english teaching in japan)

It looks like there are some extremely talented professional people on this forum, I am somewhat humbled, but I am looking forward to learning from you all and hopefully developing my own work as a result.

Laters

tensimon

Wirya

Post by Wirya » Thu Dec 13, 2007 9:38 am

Hello. I'm a freelance comic artist and game developer from Indonesia.

I like Copper, I think it's cool. I like massive and deep fantasy stories. I'm a fan of The Elder Scrolls and also Tekumel.

I hope I can do something good in this forum :)
No artwork is ugly.
If it's ugly then it's not an artwork.

My melodic comics thread :
http://www.flightcomics.com/forum/viewt ... 45&start=0