Unicorn Girl

Post comics.
sam

Post by sam » Mon Apr 24, 2006 5:58 am

fun comic ! :)

Wei2k

Post by Wei2k » Mon Apr 24, 2006 7:10 am

hehe, the eleven unicorn riders sounds like exactly the type of book i'd read back in my fantasy binge heyday :P really liked your layouts, especially the first page

Mike Laughead

Post by Mike Laughead » Mon Apr 24, 2006 8:21 am

Thanks everyone. I'm really glad that everyone is enjoying the story.

I really hope that "You Ain't No Dancer" Volume 2 comes out. If anyone of you are interested in submitting, it doesn't pay much, but it'll be a good book.

Email: [email protected] from New Reliable Press. And check out the site for New Reliable here: http://www.newreliable.com/
Mike Laughead

MikeLaughead.com

jdalton

Post by jdalton » Mon Apr 24, 2006 1:06 pm

Mike Laughead wrote:If anyone wants to submit they should check out the site:

http://www.youaintnodancer.com/
:shock: Oh my goodness! YAND #1 had Nick O'Teen in it? I went to university with that guy! I never actually met him, but he used to hog all the space in the university student newspaper so my stupid little Star Trek parody comic wouldn't get in every week. Damn- and now he's in the same anthology as Jim Mahfood and various Flight contributors? Well now I can't decide if I should get an ego boost for having come from the same environment as him, or be depressed because he's still getting better publishing arrangements than me. :cry:
Jonathon Dalton
Image Image

jshamblin

Post by jshamblin » Mon Apr 24, 2006 9:04 pm

hahaha... I agree with Rickey, that has to be the best line ever! The sparks when they touch is pretty cool too.

ed brisson

Post by ed brisson » Thu Apr 27, 2006 10:06 am

Hey guys,

YAND #2 is still happening, I've just had to push it back. There is enough material for issue two, but life has sort of stepped in and made impossible to get the book out as soon as I would like.

Neil and Mike feel free to email me for further details.
jdalton wrote:Oh my goodness! YAND #1 had Nick O'Teen in it? I went to university with that guy! I never actually met him, but he used to hog all the space in the university student newspaper so my stupid little Star Trek parody comic wouldn't get in every week.
Nick and I have been close friends for years - I was the best man at his wedding.

His comics actually got booted from the Martlet at one point -- he'd some how ticked off the comics editor with a parody comic he did about Archie.

jdalton

Post by jdalton » Thu Apr 27, 2006 12:17 pm

ed brisson wrote:Nick and I have been close friends for years - I was the best man at his wedding.
It's a small world after all. Didn't the guy from Sam and Fuzzy start out in the Martlet as well?
His comics actually got booted from the Martlet at one point -- he'd some how ticked off the comics editor with a parody comic he did about Archie.
Hmm. This must have been after I'd graduated. I'm sure I would have heard about it otherwise. Nick's comic was, by Martlet standards anyways, big news.
Jonathon Dalton
Image Image

ed brisson

Post by ed brisson » Thu Apr 27, 2006 12:58 pm

jdalton wrote:
ed brisson wrote:Nick and I have been close friends for years - I was the best man at his wedding.
It's a small world after all. Didn't the guy from Sam and Fuzzy start out in the Martlet as well?
He did. Sam Logan still lives in Victoria.
jdalton wrote:
Hmm. This must have been after I'd graduated. I'm sure I would have heard about it otherwise. Nick's comic was, by Martlet standards anyways, big news.
UVic actually published a bound compilation of all of Nick's work in his final year. I remember it being a pretty big deal. He was sort of a star around campus, which always made me feel weird because I was in a lot of his comics. It was as though I was only a cartoon character.

Joey

Post by Joey » Thu Apr 27, 2006 10:48 pm

Oh man, I love this!
Visit the Tragic Planet!