madpencil

GALACTIC CHIMP#4

Post by madpencil » Wed Jun 30, 2004 12:14 pm

Hey guys, come check out #4

www.galacticchimp.com/gc

Rad Sechrist

re

Post by Rad Sechrist » Wed Jun 30, 2004 12:34 pm

I got the red "x" for part 4. This stuff looks very good. The only problem I am noticing is that your layout is a little on the flat side. Other than that, it is really well drawn.

As for the writing, it feels like the characters are reading from a script rather than actually talking. I'm not much of a writer though, so you may want to get some more opinions about that.

Can't wait to see the next one!

Johnny Neat

Post by Johnny Neat » Wed Jun 30, 2004 1:50 pm

It's get'n fun.
Visit the GK Movie Watch Blog at www.Galaxykid.blogspot.com

Hupselipup

Post by Hupselipup » Wed Jun 30, 2004 1:55 pm

The link on the website seems broken.

madpencil

Post by madpencil » Wed Jun 30, 2004 5:13 pm

We fixed the link, sorry about that, we were in the middle of switching servers. We're also working on the store and forums. Those should be up soon.

Clank

Post by Clank » Wed Jun 30, 2004 8:25 pm

I like the drawings, but, like Rad said, your page layouts are booooring. Also, do you really think that you need to make a new cover EVERY tiny little update? I mean, for like 4 extra panels, you don't really need a whole cover for it. Normally issues are like 20 pages long, but your "issues" are one page long each. Sorry if I sounded harsh, I was just pointing out some stuff. The drawings are really nice, though. :D

madpencil

Post by madpencil » Wed Jun 30, 2004 10:03 pm

I'm purposely doing a very traditional layout for this project, I've done the other stuff ( www.madpencil.com ) but for this project we're going for clarity not flash. We want to entertain people with content not gimmicks. We're not trying to follow the formats or "ways" of doing comics that other people are doing. We've gotten so many compliments by people who love the fact that we have a new cover every week. We're not trying to work less we're trying to work more on material that is both short and entertaining. By the way we've never refered to our updates as "Issues" we've always called them chapters. Galactic chimp is not a "comic book" it's a comic STRIP that we plan to develope into animation. Our format caters to viewers that have jobs and don't have all day to be at the computer. :) As far as you being "harsh" I don't think you're being harsh, I think you're used to a certain thing and you expect it from everybody. Just keep an open mind and enjoy the content. We plan to continue doing the strip EXACTLY as we're doing it now, in spite of a couple of bad reviews from dozens of good ones. Thanks for the comments.

www.galacticchimp.com

Dek

Post by Dek » Wed Jun 30, 2004 10:20 pm

ooooOOOoooohhh I love the style in GC - very clean.

madpencil

Post by madpencil » Wed Jun 30, 2004 10:31 pm

Thanks Dek :)

neil

Post by neil » Thu Jul 01, 2004 1:24 am

I agree with Clank, the tiny "chapters" and the covers actually seem to go for flash over content. I'd suggest ditching the covers and making the episodes a little longer--it really doesn't take very long to read these things, so don't worry about your readers' busy schedules.

I don't mind the simple layout though, and the design is fine.

The story, however, needs work--there's nothing wrong with using a formula action plot, but if the characters are just simple types too, it won't be interesting. I think that's what Rad was getting at.

EQ

Post by EQ » Thu Jul 01, 2004 7:32 am

awesome. this is my favorite one yet.
-b

madpencil

Post by madpencil » Thu Jul 01, 2004 8:33 am

Thanks for the comments guys, don't forget to check back wednesday.