STUDIOBLINKTWICE! The BIG thread!! New images every week!

Post comics.
Lorenzo

Post by Lorenzo » Wed Nov 08, 2006 11:26 pm

Hey Tyler! Haha! Thanks, man, I' need a few more of thos exclamations, I always get through all mine so fast! Haha! Seriously though, glad you're enjoying the productivity, it's what this ole' comic malarky is about I guess!

On we go...!

Lorenzo!

Buy and preview books by The Etherington BrothersHERE!

Lorenzo

Post by Lorenzo » Thu Nov 09, 2006 11:33 pm

So, last page of the ole' four-page preview from MM11 today, hope that was a fun ride for youse guys!!

Lorenzo!

Badger

Post by Badger » Fri Nov 10, 2006 5:52 am

Sweet man, loved seeing the originals the other day, i forgot your slight OCD with line, heh.
Hard edged colouring is making these much, much more solid! and follow up the wacom lad ;)
See you soon man, turkey and all!!
-B-

Lorenzo

Post by Lorenzo » Sun Nov 12, 2006 11:49 pm

Hey-hey, B-man! Mucho grasias, mon brav! Thank you so much, duder, awesome that you likey!! Looking forward to the Crimbo Bristol Jambouree! Cheers, duder!

Well, here we are, at the start of another week, lots on the way, and as last week was very much about the colours, this week's gonna be a lot about the lines, methinks! First up: Marvellous Mister Wonderful...who he?!

As a little aside, the Annual Blink Auction for just one piece of original art is up! It's also probably your only EVER chance to get your hands on a set of the UK-only single issues of Malcolm Magic if you live outside of the UK - which will be discontinued next year.

Lorenzo

Post by Lorenzo » Tue Nov 14, 2006 12:03 am

Hey folks! So, next week I'm gonna do a special week-long posting of concept art from the super-secret-special MOON! story we're working on alongside the prep for the full series. Here's a shot of a Hover GEEP design for the very same project!

On another note entirely, an exceptionally cool book on the history of our favourite artform has just come out called Great British Comics. Frankly, this book is amazing, and is a must for anyone who has a passion for sequential art of any kind, or who just wants to see more of this county's rich comics history. Most excitingly for us though, is that on page 79 you'll find dear old Malcolm Magic!! Wowza!! Opened a few bottles of "Monsieur LaPunch's Celebratory Ale" down in the Blink Lounge Bar about that one, I can tell you!! Cheers! Hic!

Lorenzo

Post by Lorenzo » Tue Nov 14, 2006 11:48 pm

Okay, folks, so it's time for another of them's old tutorials! Here, for those of you who are interested is a little step by step exploring the thinking behind that MOON! print I posted a while back. Re-reading this, I wonder if it feels a little airy and vague, but what I'm trying to talk about is how you approach the piece with your head, as opposed to just technique. Anyways, here's the first three steps, the last four will be posted over the next few days, hope it's of interest/help to someone out there! Cheers!

Bordeleau

Post by Bordeleau » Wed Nov 15, 2006 7:09 am

Great tutorial Lorenzo ! I'm just working on my TROGLO #1 cover and will take note...Thanks !

-loo-bot-

Post by -loo-bot- » Wed Nov 15, 2006 12:12 pm

Thanks for the tutorial! I like your analogy of filling in the details with a musician's improvisation of "familiar grooves".
Image- Mondays and Thursdays!

Lorenzo

Post by Lorenzo » Wed Nov 15, 2006 11:36 pm

Hey Bordeleau! Aha! Excellent, man, though I think it's me who should be taking notes from you! Bet you're gonna do something amazing with the Troglo cover, can't wait to see it! Cheers, pal!

Hey-hey, Loo! Thanks, pal, I hope it helps. Yeah, it was the best way I could think of describing it, since the process is a lot more organic that just saying "I'll draw a tyre here, a fender there etc". Hope you enjoy today's steps, bud, thanks for the kind post!!

Lorenzo!

Lorenzo

Post by Lorenzo » Thu Nov 16, 2006 11:37 pm

Ah, now, it's that time of year again, when Bobber, the creative mastermind behind the writing of all this stuff, heads off to the French/Swiss region of Morzine to spend the next five months as a snowboarding mountain guide. Happy trails, bro, hope the powder's good, and I'll be out there to see you reeeal soon! Cheers!

Back on topic, here's the final two steps, hope that proved to be a fun lil' tute'!

Lorenzo!

Lorenzo

Post by Lorenzo » Sun Nov 19, 2006 11:35 pm

Hey Folks! Well, I had promised you a themed week of concept art for our Super-Special-uber-Secret MOON! project, but there's so much other stuff to show you this week that'll have to wait. First up, it's CONVENTION TIME again!! Lordy, these things come along as soon as your back's turned, huh?! The Birmingham International Comics Show will be held on the weekend of the 9th -10th December in the awesome CUSTARD FACTORY in the heart of Birmingham. We'll be there, as usual, with all the bells and whistles, and hopefully the final issue of Malcolm Magic!! Here's a sneak-peak at a pencilled panel from the very same. More news on the Con and the Com soon!

Lorenzo!

Seth Wolfshorndl

Post by Seth Wolfshorndl » Mon Nov 20, 2006 9:14 pm

Another swell tutorial, Lorenzo. Very helpful, as always. I liked your thoughts about building up a personal repertoire of objects.

The detail in these pieces (especially the finished version, and the amusement park sketch before) is jaw-dropping. And more than a bit discouraging.

Do you sleep, Lorenzo?

-Seth
Image Image

Lorenzo

Post by Lorenzo » Mon Nov 20, 2006 11:31 pm

Hey Seth! Thanks soooo much for the kind words on all the detailed stuff, man! I'm glad these nutsy environments are proving to be of visual interest, lots more on the way! Today's pic is far more-sketchy-sketchy, so hopefully will encourage rather than discourage your own stuff. Cheers, pal, oh, and sleep? What's that, man?

So, with another con on the way, it's surely time for another MOON! sketchbook, huh? The 6th MOON! Sketchbook will be released as a limited edition run of just 50, one free with every £10 spent at the Blink stall. Here's the cover, hope you dig, folks! Hmmm...those fighters sure look familiar...

Frank Stockton

hello

Post by Frank Stockton » Tue Nov 21, 2006 9:20 am

hey Lorenzo,

your stuff is always inspiring to me not just that in it's super tasty cavity-inducing eye candy, but because of your productivity and passion. I also appreciate that you design everything right down to the graphic design of your posts.

FRANK
"I do not get discouraged, because every wrong attempt discarded is another step forward"
--Thomas Edison

http://www.frankstockton.com

Lorenzo

Post by Lorenzo » Tue Nov 21, 2006 11:21 pm

Hey Frank! Dude, thank you sooo much! I try to present this stuff as nicely as time will allow, and it's really encouraging to have a great bit of feedback like that about it. I'm not a natural designer, so that elements always tricky for me, but I shall do my best to continue to try and keep it visually enjoyable! Cheers, sir!

Went sketch-boozing with good buddies Badger and James from Concept Art again recently and knocked out a few designs for environments for the super-special-secret-MOON! project. This, as you can see, is an overhead shot of "APOCALYPTO" - a nice little city!

On another note entirely, it's my wonderful girlfriend's birthday today, here's a pic I posted for her on the Blink Twice Blog. GO HERE to read my romantic ramblings, and see some other stuff not posted anywhere else!

Cheers!

Lorenzo!