carl hiassen

Recommend books, comics, graphic novels, etc.
orangehead

carl hiassen

Post by orangehead » Sun Dec 12, 2004 9:57 am

has anyone here read any carl hiassen books? he just finished one called Skinny Dip that i am now reading?

i've read and recommend: Sick Puppy and Native Tongue. (thought they were great.)
He focuses on the corrupt politicians and the events that happen in Florida. Sick Puppy was my favorite. Its basically about this politician that wants to start developing on an island called "Toad Island" but meets an "eco-terrorist" along the way and is troubled with the eco-man's attempts to stop development! it was incredibly hilarious and i found it extremely well written...i couldn't put it down! :D
Tuesday is coming, did you bring your coat?

Azzamckazza

Post by Azzamckazza » Sun Dec 12, 2004 2:48 pm

I read skinny puppy after a friend told me it was about an eco-nut who hunts down a business man and makes his life hell after he sees him toss garbage out his car window.
It's top stuff
ImageImage

orangehead

Post by orangehead » Sun Dec 12, 2004 4:00 pm

Azzamckazza wrote:I read skinny puppy after a friend told me it was about an eco-nut who hunts down a business man and makes his life hell after he sees him toss garbage out his car window.
It's top stuff
you mean sick puppy? :D
yeah, I'd have to say that one was the best!
Tuesday is coming, did you bring your coat?

Azzamckazza

Post by Azzamckazza » Sun Dec 12, 2004 4:49 pm

I think I wrote skinny puppy because his latest book is skinny dip and it's early morning and I'm tired and I've already thought too much today
ImageImage