sketch thread

Post illustrations, animation, graphic design, sketches, etc.
EdBickford

sketch thread

Post by EdBickford » Wed Aug 19, 2009 9:30 am

I recently had a friend that I draw with ask me if I knew who my audience was. To make a long story short I thought about what he said for a few days and realized my art was not at all close to American main stream comics at all, but closer to manga. So with that epiphany I have busted out some new sketches and ready to see where this takes me. I hope you guys enjoy these as much as I had creating them and working on them.

So here is some new STUFF! :)

Mr. Average

Re: sketch thread

Post by Mr. Average » Wed Aug 19, 2009 3:55 pm

On the contrary, aside from the eyes, I'd say your style is closer to Eurocomix or Bandes-Dessinees. I think in particular of "Sky Doll." A European style of cartooning is one that I have to say I admire, given the monstrous morass of bad American manga out here. If I could draw up to the standard of something like Tintin or Cortomaltese, I'd consider my career a success. I dig your style in a major way, whatever you want to call it, and I'd say, embrace it as it is and run with it!

--M
Image Image

EdBickford

Re: sketch thread

Post by EdBickford » Wed Aug 19, 2009 10:03 pm

thanks for the huge compliments. i love euro-work. and as for the style name...im gonna just say its MINE. :)

and i had to look up Morass in the dictionary! LOL