2 pages I did.

Post comics.
EdBickford

2 pages I did.

Post by EdBickford » Wed Apr 29, 2009 3:54 pm

Page 1 and 2 of a submission I was part of. We didn't get picked up, But I think the pages came out pretty good. Enough to put them in a portfolio I guess.

FrancesLee

Medium?

Post by FrancesLee » Wed Apr 29, 2009 7:27 pm

Did you use Ink for the medium? I really like the way you handled the scenery in the first 3 panels!

geoff_sebesta

Post by geoff_sebesta » Thu Apr 30, 2009 10:18 pm

I love the idea of the first page, and admire the storytelling you used to get it across. However, I'd have to say that the ducky in the last panel is terrifying. If that is the general tone of the story, than it's an amazing effect. However, if you want it to be playful you need to lose the harsh stitches and the cold glassy eye peering straight into the camera.

I'd say the same thing for the second page, though in a less dramatic way. Your art style creates tremendous tension, the idea that something bad is about to happen. The spotlighting/shock lighting on the short-haired one in panel four especially...it just gives the effect that she's about to do something really bad to that woman.

Hope I'm not totally misinterpreting your effects here ^_^

EdBickford

Post by EdBickford » Sat May 02, 2009 4:36 pm

Frances Lee: I used grey ink, black ink, and black and white acrylic paint.

geoff: I see what your saying and I never thought of it coming off that way. Its something to think about for my next pages.

Thanks for the comments guys. :)

sharpclaw

Post by sharpclaw » Sun May 03, 2009 10:41 am

geoff_sebesta wrote:I love the idea of the first page, and admire the storytelling you used to get it across. However, I'd have to say that the ducky in the last panel is terrifying. If that is the general tone of the story, than it's an amazing effect. However, if you want it to be playful you need to lose the harsh stitches and the cold glassy eye peering straight into the camera.
I agree; I thought that this was going to be a horror story of some sort when I saw the ducky in the first page's last panel. It is a very cool zombie ducky.

EdBickford

Post by EdBickford » Sun May 03, 2009 4:11 pm

sharpclaw: it was a horror story/ dark humor. Thank you for the comment :)

Seth Wolfshorndl

Post by Seth Wolfshorndl » Sun May 03, 2009 4:27 pm

I love the looseness of that first page, Ed. Nice painting going on.

And I agree... the ducky is terrifying.
Image Image

sharpclaw

Post by sharpclaw » Sun May 03, 2009 4:32 pm

EdBickford wrote:sharpclaw: it was a horror story/ dark humor
Well, perfect, then! Will you be printing or running the story for it to be read in full?

EdBickford

Post by EdBickford » Mon May 04, 2009 3:11 pm

Seth: thanks dude. Glad you like'em! My favorites are panel 1 and 3 off of page 1.

Sharpclaw: the story didn't get picked up, so that is the end of that. I am now working on some new sequentials. :)