el lobo

Post illustrations, animation, graphic design, sketches, etc.
orangehead

el lobo

Post by orangehead » Thu Sep 11, 2008 9:56 am

Its been a while since I've posted on here.
I've been working a lot on threadless designs recently and I know you guys have great feedback. What do you all think of this:
Tuesday is coming, did you bring your coat?

nateomedia

Post by nateomedia » Thu Sep 11, 2008 12:26 pm

I really enjoy the colors and your style. Very nice.

The man's forearms and hands are a little confusing to me. I guess he's clutching his chest, but that wasn't immediately apparent. Is his hand overlapping his beard? Also, my initial read was that the axe was in his hands, since the shaft points towards them and, again, I had to look closer to notice that it was on his back. It might also help to simplify the collar to clarify that whole area.

Why is there a red line cutting through his bicep?

orangehead

Post by orangehead » Thu Sep 11, 2008 6:04 pm

hmm... the red line was supposed to give a bit of definition to the bicep, but I don't think its working. right now the arms are the bits I'm trying to really figure out.
thanks a lot!
Tuesday is coming, did you bring your coat?

Sanaril

Post by Sanaril » Fri Sep 12, 2008 5:58 am

Yeah the arms don't make sense at all, I can't tell what he's doing, and they're completely different sizes. They always hammered this concept into us in animation: you need to have good silouhette value (as in if the character's pose was completely filled in with black and you could still guess what he was doing.) Interesting concept though, and I like the colors.