New story in progress

Post comics.
Josh-Ulrich

New story in progress

Post by Josh-Ulrich » Mon Aug 11, 2008 3:28 pm

This is a project that I'm working on that is sort of a love story/fairy tale, with enough violence and testosterone to keep everybody happy.

Hope you enjoy what I've got so far, I will post more as I get the pages done.

Sskessa

Post by Sskessa » Tue Aug 12, 2008 12:49 pm

Looking good so far. Great dramatic angle on the panel with him climbing the tree to get "the finest fruit in the forest". And also the whole page where he explains what dragons he'll kill is dynamic and exciting.

My advice is to work on your backgrounds. While I was reading, I couldn't shake the feeling that the story was taking place in a hazy, brownish nowhere. They don't have to be super detailed, a few particulars will do. What kind of forest is she the queen of? Rainforest? Conifer? Who are her subjects, or is it just the two of them?

For some inspiration, you might look through This Site. There's some great forests in there.

Josh-Ulrich

Post by Josh-Ulrich » Tue Aug 12, 2008 8:19 pm

Why thank you sir.

You're absolutely right about my backgrounds. I tried to step it up on this new page, and I'm going to go back and modify the old ones. Hope this looks better.

On a side note, this is also the first kiss I've drawn, I think it came out pretty decent.

Josh-Ulrich

Post by Josh-Ulrich » Sun Aug 17, 2008 8:29 pm

Got a couple more pages done.

Josh-Ulrich

Post by Josh-Ulrich » Thu Aug 21, 2008 4:08 pm

Added a new page, also made some adjustments in dialogue to the old pages. Hope you like.

C&C is always welcome =)

dark77778

Post by dark77778 » Thu Aug 21, 2008 5:28 pm

I looked this over, but never took the time to read it until now. I think my major problem is that I can't really tell what age the characters could be, but that doesn't matter too too much I guess. I'm intrigued by the storyline though, dragon slaying adventures are always good in my books, but I sense something non-conventional brewing here which I'd like to see.
I'm my own breed of eccentric.