The Happening

Discuss films.
SonOfaRich

Post by SonOfaRich » Tue Jun 17, 2008 6:22 pm

thirdeyeh wrote:Actually that's exactly the point Neil. The movie supposed to a hi-B movie. Night has said in every interview I've read that its supposed to feel that way.
Could Night be saying that just as an excuse? I'm just sayin. :-P
Intergalactic proton powered electrical tentacle advertising droids!!!!!

thirdeyeh

Post by thirdeyeh » Wed Jun 18, 2008 4:20 pm

lol maybe, but come on man, the dude acts for forgiveness from a tree that was plastic. the whole thing was tongue and cheek. I think where that gets lost is Night goes back and forth between the two extremes: emotion and laughs.

Josh-Ulrich

Post by Josh-Ulrich » Wed Jun 25, 2008 8:01 am

Reading all that you guys have to say, I really do not understand the hatred for M. Night. I saw this movie, and I had a good time. I Cringed, I laughed, I sat on the edge of my seat. It was a movie, it was origional, it was suspencefull, it was entertaining. An M. Night movie is more like an suped up episode of the twilight zone, then your run of the mill acadamy award winner. I don't really know what you all are expecting from him.

I'm an M. Night fan going into this film, but even if I hadn't been, I still would have enjoyed it. I will admit that Mark Walberg's acting was a little off putting, he didn't seem very authentic in this film. I probably just can't take him seriously without a sniper rifle or a New York accent haha.

Either way, I find the enormous amount of hatred for this movie a little shocking. This wasn't may favorite of his films (Signs was), but I enjoyed it.

EDIT: Just making this post makes me want to see Signs again, hahaha.