Persona Animus now Live!

Post comics.
Sankam

Not Dead Yet

Post by Sankam » Mon Jul 23, 2007 7:24 pm

Persona Animus Page 13.

Okay, yes, it's been six weeks; sorry about that. I've been looking for a job. I've done all I can for now on that front, so I'm back onto PA at last. I hope you all have not completely lost interest.

Anyone have any tips on time management? On staying focused? On avoiding depression?
"Once, there were only wilderkin..."

Persona Animus

thirdeyeh

Post by thirdeyeh » Sun Jul 29, 2007 8:56 pm

All I can say is I'm there too and its no fun. I've been working freelance for the last six weeks and money's been coming in, but no steady job right now. And I just bought a house! Try sleeping easy at night with all of that. I'm paying my bills which is good.

Keep your head up.

I've really had to put my trust in my Christian faith (which I always apply to everything in the good and bad) during all of this. I know everything is going to work out. I fight depression by reminding myself I'm where I'm supposed to be, and doing everything that's within my power to help the situation. I didn't ask to be in the job situation I'm in. I know something is going to come up. I'm sure you will be ok. Do what you can and then keep up work on the comic. You never know what it could lead to.

Hang in there.

Sankam

Post by Sankam » Wed Aug 01, 2007 9:40 pm

Thanks for the kind words Thirdeyeh. There are ups and downs. I've got enough money put away that I'm not desperate for a job, but I'm burnt on video game animation and I don't feel up to snuff on illustration or comics. So it gets frustrating.

</whine>

Persona Animus

Tony

Post by Tony » Wed Aug 01, 2007 11:28 pm

This looks really good! It reads very, very well, and that's with you using some interesting page layouts. Nice details, too, like Elise's reaction to the arrow.

Sorry to hear you're on the job hunt. As far as time management and focusing goes, I think it's just a willpower thing. I try to motivate myself by rewarding myself. Like training a dog. IE: if I finish this page by six, I'll spend the rest of the evening on Zelda. Or, I once I finish this panel and it looks good, I can pee. Ha ha ha. True story.

As for avoiding depression? Nothing better than having friends and family to lean on. Preferably flesh-and-blood, as opposed to inter-net dudes. Exercising is good, too.

Sankam

Post by Sankam » Sun Aug 05, 2007 9:15 am

Tony: High praise. Thank you! And thanks for the advice. Definitely need to work on self-discipline. Not too many local friends and family to lean on, unfortunately. I am continually forgetting how much exercise helps though.

Persona Animus

Sankam

PA page 14!

Post by Sankam » Wed Aug 15, 2007 11:49 pm

Page 14 is live! I need to either paint faster or simplify my backgrounds. ^^;

Persona Animus

willmj

Post by willmj » Thu Aug 16, 2007 12:17 am

Hey man... When you paint so beautifully time doesn't matter. I for one would always wait. :D

Vince

Post by Vince » Sun Aug 26, 2007 10:08 am

This post to remind you that pages are being read and enjoyed. :wink: I love the gestures and expressions on your characters... subtle things, like how the mouse's ears droop when she's sad. Or even the consistent scale and "models" that you use. :D Looking forward to your next installment, whenever you get it out.

Sankam

Post by Sankam » Sun Aug 26, 2007 10:33 am

Thanks, Will and Vince. Glad you are enjoying it. The quality always seems all over the place to me, so it's nice to hear someone say it seems good. =)

Persona Animus

Sankam

Page 15!

Post by Sankam » Thu Sep 06, 2007 11:08 pm

New page here! I blame the heat wave for the delay. Well, that and that damn carriage.

Persona Animus

Sankam

Quick Update

Post by Sankam » Sat Oct 06, 2007 8:04 pm

Hey folks, Persona Animus is not dead! But it is on a short hiatus. I landed a new job in Orange County and I have been preparing to move up there from San Diego. PA will be back most likely in November.

Thanks for your patience!

Persona Animus

andrewwales

Post by andrewwales » Sun Oct 07, 2007 5:14 am

Congrats on the new job! Can you tell us more about it?

Sankam

Persona Animus is back!

Post by Sankam » Mon Feb 11, 2008 2:43 am

Page 16!

Hey everyone, I've been away for a while getting moved and settled into a new job Orange County (once again animating for video games). The comic has suffered as a result, but now I'm ready to start posting (and reading) again! I'll continue posting pages just as often as I can finish them.

squirpy

Post by squirpy » Wed Feb 13, 2008 1:51 am

Hooray, it's back!
I keep a sketchblog here