Egg Head: A comic I did.

Post comics.
Diana Nock

Egg Head: A comic I did.

Post by Diana Nock » Tue Jul 10, 2007 3:43 pm

This is my first post on these here forums after lurking for a good long while. Hello.

Egg Head is a comic I wrote and drew to be a mini-comic for this convention season. I'll put it up on my website in a couple of months, probably, but I wanted to share it here first. It's called "Egg Head" -- because I couldn't think of anything better -- and it's something I've been meaning to draw for well over a year. I hope you guys like it. It's supposed to be a little weird.

If you want to give me some crit, have at it, but I really just wanted to share.

I sold a few at the last MoCCA, but mostly just traded and gave them away. I'll be giving them away as I walk around SDCC this year, so if you run into me and manage to recognize my name, I'll totally give you one for free. For reals, guys.
Image<--ART!

J Clarke

Post by J Clarke » Mon Jul 16, 2007 6:33 pm

I like your story. That monkey creature was really annoying me through the page two and three 'cause I didn't know what it was up to. Then I realized it was stealing her brain and totally identified. Yah lead me by the nose :) great stuff.
- J Clarke

andrew fulton

Post by andrew fulton » Tue Jul 17, 2007 1:47 pm

that's a really great little story, I like it a lot. It's kinda fantastical but also really mundane. I like this kind of understatedness- you could very easily have overplayed either what the little monster was up to or the couple's reaction or something and it would have quickly turned into something much stupider.
It's nicely drawn, too.

JakeKalsbeek

Post by JakeKalsbeek » Tue Jul 17, 2007 4:57 pm

Wow I love stories that have weird explanations for mundane things. Nice story telling.

Diana Nock

Post by Diana Nock » Thu Jul 19, 2007 11:11 pm

Yay, some people replied! I'm glad you guys enjoyed it. I was hoping it would be up the alley of the people 'round here.

You can partially blame the "weird supernatural creature responsible for mundane problems" on Brian Froud, I think. I read "Faeries" over and over when I was a kid. My mom had books on giants, unicorns, gnomes, and other mythical and folklore creatures, too, and I loved all of them. So nowadays I make up my own.

andrewwales

Post by andrewwales » Tue Jul 24, 2007 7:11 pm

Weird -- I liked it! The faces and expressions are great.

Seth Wolfshorndl

Post by Seth Wolfshorndl » Thu Aug 02, 2007 7:16 pm

This is great. I like the shot of the monkey guy going down the tree and of him curled up at the end.

Dang cool little comic!

-Seth
Image Image

Andre Szy

Post by Andre Szy » Mon Aug 06, 2007 6:41 am

Awesome! I love mundane, if thats ok to call it that. Some of the best stories are just things that happen everyday. I mean it was everyday stuff except for the brain stealing monkey. :) I really love your facial expressions and how you put character into the drawing. Great job!