Henry Hatsworth and the Puzzling Adventure

Discuss games.
jcaffoe

Henry Hatsworth and the Puzzling Adventure

Post by jcaffoe » Thu Mar 26, 2009 5:15 pm

I'm sure a lot of you haven't heard of this game, which is why I'm posting about it. It's one of the few games in the last year that I haven't been able to put down.

http://www.henryhatsworth.com/ is a great place to start if you haven't heard of the game before. The trailer on the site pretty much explains the whole game concept as well as the quirky humor (which is pretty much the reason I bought it).

At its core the game is a combination of platforming and puzzle gaming. I did a double-take when I first read that, but it's incredible how well they were able to blend the two game types together. You fluidly switch back and forth between the puzzle game on the bottom screen and the platformer on the top, often times in the midst of combat.

And as a testament to the gameplay, it's one of the few DS games where it doesn't feel clunky switching back and forth between the buttons and the stylus. I can't really explain it, but there's just a fluidity to the whole game that makes it feel really intuitive.

Anyway, I can't recommend it enough. If you have a DS I think it's a must-own, as it's one of the few third party games that really takes full advantage of the system.