ANYONE WITH INFORMATION PLEASE READ!!! chrono trigger DS

Discuss games.
Chaos_dragon24

ANYONE WITH INFORMATION PLEASE READ!!! chrono trigger DS

Post by Chaos_dragon24 » Tue Dec 09, 2008 5:45 pm

I was just looking for the story behind Chrono Trigger and Chrono Cross...what the story line is, how the gameplay is, how they are connected (story), and just stuff like that. i recently found out that chrono trigger came out for the DS and i am very excited to finally play it but now im wondering whether anybody has heard anything about chrono cross coming to the DS? i have played chrono cross before but i was just getting into gaming and i was a little young and cant remember anything except it was THE best game i have ever played...even to this day. If you have any info on this plz send me a link or post a reply asap PLEASE!!!

edit: i added chrono trigger to the title.

~Stick

AlphaE

Post by AlphaE » Mon Mar 23, 2009 6:18 am

No info, maybe Wiki[edia would have some good info., one of my top 30 games of all-time.

dark77778

Post by dark77778 » Thu Mar 26, 2009 4:44 pm

Chrono Cross [without spoiling anything] is a complex game that takes place on a strange series of islands somewhere to the east of Guardia Kingdom in Chrono Trigger. In the game you play as Serge and experience his misadventures which seemingly have nothing, at first, to do with Chrono Trigger at all. However, as the game progresses, strange twists and the occasional old face from Chrono Trigger show up as Serge finds out that his once ordinary life was never as ordinary as he had thought.

With a massive cast of playable characters the game deals with issues of destiny, choice, Darwinism and the consequences of messing with the space-time continuum. While the game answers some questions from Chrono Trigger [especially the DS version], it actually opens up even more questions than it initially answers. Generally, I overlook this point because the game is so environmentally gorgeous and really gives you the sense that you have an impact on the world of this game, however linear the story may be.

Combat is turn based, but the fight system allows you to combo hits with different success percentages, and use your spells or hidden abilities as finishing moves, much like the combat in Xenosaga I.

:) Anyways, I'm done rambling on about that.
I'm my own breed of eccentric.