Studio Ghibli and Level 5 together! Life is gooood!

Discuss games.
dark77778

Studio Ghibli and Level 5 together! Life is gooood!

Post by dark77778 » Fri Oct 03, 2008 12:16 pm

1UP.com has just finished releasing the news that my two favorite Japanese studios are currently working on a game together for my favorite system, my Nintendo DS. I'm guessing that all of you here know Studio Ghibli by now and if you don't, go out to a video store now and watch every thing that has Miyazaki's name on it now.

Most likely though, you guys haven't heard of Level 5, or if you have, awesome, you now know why I'm excited because they have the best track record of good games to bad games, because none of their games that they've put out in the ten years that they have been around have sucked. They made, Dark Cloud, Dark Cloud 2, Rogue Galaxy, Jean D'ark, Held a compilation project with Square Enix for Dragon Quest 8, are currently working on the same endeavor for Dragon Quest 9, and have done their current Miyazaki-esque masterpiece series of Professor Layton. Yeah, that's Level 5; they rock.

If you don't want to click on the link below to read the article on the other five awesome games they're working on for the DS and PSP currently, here's the scoop on Ninokuni from the article:

Ninokuni: The Another World (Nintendo DS, with an port to an unspecified console also planned) is an RPG starring a 13-year-old boy who's invited into a magical fantasy land by a spirit, a world eerily close to Earth that's under the rule of a dark sorcerer. There he hopes to deal with the issues that haunt his life, not the least of which being that he was responsible for his mother's passing not long ago. This project is no doubt the biggest announcement of the day, mainly thanks to one small detail: Studio Ghibli, Japan's most famous animation studio, is working on Ninokuni's animated sequences, the first time the company has ever provided original work for a video game.

Here's a poster image for Ninokuni:
http://www.level5.co.jp/products/ninokuni/index.html

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3170124
I'm my own breed of eccentric.

TomM

Post by TomM » Fri Oct 17, 2008 2:10 am

Wow! I can't wait for this game! I played Professor Layton recently and thought the art and animation worked really well. With Studio Ghibli it will be amazing!