Favorite Smash Brothers Brawl Characters?

Discuss games.
patrace

Favorite Smash Brothers Brawl Characters?

Post by patrace » Mon Mar 24, 2008 9:56 pm

What are your favorite Smash Brothers Brawl Characters? I generally subscribe to the cute=deadly theory.

1. Pikachu
2. Ice Climbers
3. Kirby
4. Snake
5. Lucas

Kazu
Site Admin

Post by Kazu » Tue Mar 25, 2008 2:49 pm

Hey Pat! I don't have any favorite characters yet, but I'll post them when I figure them all out. For now, I'll just say I like playing as Link with the blue Nausicaa-like outfit.

jcaffoe

Post by jcaffoe » Tue Mar 25, 2008 6:54 pm

As I said in the now playing thread, I think this is the first installment where I truly feel like every character deserves my attention. Everyone except Yoshi, that is. Yoshi still sucks...

The people I tend to use most often, however, are Ike, Sonic, Diddy, Lucas, and Metaknight.

The old characters are still great as well. Across all three games I would have to place Kirby as my all-time favorite character, with Link and Samus tied in second.

Michael Firman

Post by Michael Firman » Fri Mar 28, 2008 5:26 am

Why did they have to cut Pichu?

How could anyone with a heart look at this face:

... and tell it to go away forever?

Nintendo is evil.
ImageImageImageImage

dark77778

Post by dark77778 » Thu Apr 24, 2008 11:56 am

For me it's a tie between Lucas and Sonic. If I can't beat somebody with Lucas, I can usually do it with Sonic...and if not then I get really desperate and start playing as other characters until I can find something that works (which usually comes in the guise of Olimar, Captain Falcon or Fox). I have the most fun with Lucas because I actually chant out the raging death that is PKStarstorm, then proceed to cackle like José Von Reichter.

Michael, they got rid of Pichu because he kept doing so much damage to himself that he just died :roll:
I'm my own breed of eccentric.

Michael Firman

Post by Michael Firman » Fri Apr 25, 2008 1:34 pm

I still would have chosen to play as his adorable corpse; they should have left it in.
ImageImageImageImage

Kazu
Site Admin

Post by Kazu » Sat Apr 26, 2008 7:41 am

I'm liking MetaKnight right now. His jumps really bail me out of some bad situations and his sword-freakout noise is hilarious. I can tell it annoys anyone who gets caught being slashed by him. Heheh.

dark77778

Post by dark77778 » Sat Apr 26, 2008 11:02 am

A good metaknight player can really clean up, and I always feel so stupid if I get caught in his final smash. He doesn't have that many smash attacks, but it doesn't really matter the way that he racks up damage %. I've found that his moves sometimes lack a good recovery though so I tend to take advantage of him at those times and give him a good 'ol baseball bat to the head. Also, his voice work is hilariously deep for the little bugger.

So wait...zombie Pichu then Michael? Meh, maybe in the next game. You can always just pull out Melee every so often to play as him again.
I'm my own breed of eccentric.

Ben Montgomery

Post by Ben Montgomery » Wed Aug 13, 2008 9:50 pm

I can play with everyone, but when it's "important," I like to go with

1. Fox
2. Samus
3. Sonic
4. Toon Link
5. I don't know... Olimar?
"Many can Bullshit; few can write."
-- Dr. Gardner, Associate Professor of English, University of North Alabama