The Witcher

Discuss games.
metaleaf

The Witcher

Post by metaleaf » Mon Jan 14, 2008 8:13 pm

Has anyone else here played the Witcher?

This game has some of the best storytelling I've yet seen in a video game. Good voice acting, good art, a plot that doesn't insult the player with its simplicity. Moral ambiguity galore - no clear lines of Radiant Good! or Blackest Evil! in evidence. The choices the player makes have real implications hours later, on to the end of the game. When I finished it I wanted to start again at the beginning immediately.

I think reports of bugs and heavy load times have driven a lot of folks away from this game . . . that and the fact that it wasn't really publicized much. It's true, the game does have an almost unforgivable mass of bugs, and the load times can get excessive, but it's a mark of how much this game drew me in that I was willing to forgive it every time it crashed, was willing to wait through the occasional long load - because that would mean I'd get to advance the story.

So. Has anyone else played the game? Triss, Shani, or both? The Scoia'tel, the Order or neutrality? Who'd you side with in the Outskirts? Favourite combat style? I'm all ears.

Stick
Flight Moderator

Post by Stick » Tue Jan 15, 2008 11:44 am

I've bought it, but i've yet to install it. I heard many good things about it, which is primarily why I decided to get it, but until I hear they fix the game up more in subsequent patches, I'll probably hold off on playing it. Besides, I gotta juggle work and whatever games I can play in my few moments to myself.. hopefully, I'll try it out soon.

lifer

Re: The Witcher

Post by lifer » Fri Dec 24, 2010 11:32 am

man I'm adicted to this game. I never seen such an complex RPG, it is great