Currently Playing...

Discuss games.
nateomedia

Post by nateomedia » Wed Oct 31, 2007 9:14 am

A couple of people have mentioned The Orange Box. I haven't played any of the games, but I think the art direction on Team Fortress 2 is fantastic. Anyone seen the promotional videos they made for the different specialties? They're hilarious.

Meet Soldier

Meet Engineer

dik pose

Post by dik pose » Wed Oct 31, 2007 11:54 am

My buddy has Team Fortress 2... he said it is excellent!!!

Great looking game.

Azzamckazza

Post by Azzamckazza » Wed Oct 31, 2007 7:41 pm

nateomedia wrote:A couple of people have mentioned The Orange Box. I haven't played any of the games, but I think the art direction on Team Fortress 2 is fantastic. Anyone seen the promotional videos they made for the different specialties? They're hilarious.

Meet Soldier

Meet Engineer
Cheers for those links nateo - they're awesome

Unfortunately its made me hungry for the orange box...now I just need to get a system to play it on.
ImageImage

SonOfaRich

Post by SonOfaRich » Wed Oct 31, 2007 11:10 pm

I just can't believe how long it took them to make Team Fortress 2. That should have been out seven years ago. I'd vote that as the most delayed game of the year.

As soon as I upgrade my computer, i'm getting the orange box. =)

-ex TFC fan
Intergalactic proton powered electrical tentacle advertising droids!!!!!

Tony

Post by Tony » Thu Nov 01, 2007 8:40 am

SonOfaRich wrote:I just can't believe how long it took them to make Team Fortress 2. That should have been out seven years ago. I'd vote that as the most delayed game of the year.
... Dude, BEST USE OF TIME SPENT EVAR. That game is soo good looking, and so well-balanced. Plus, it runs surprisingly well on older machines. One of the nicest things about it is that before each match you can optionally watch a little "training video" that explains the map! It's super helpful, esp. for noobs, and it's very stylish.

The only thing about the game that bugs me is a couple typographic oddities.

dan

Post by dan » Sun Nov 04, 2007 5:12 pm

I just recently finished Okami. It was a lot of fun and reminded me of Zelda, to be honest, that's why i liked it so much. Unfortunately, I don't really have time for games anymore. :(

Threshold

Post by Threshold » Sun Nov 04, 2007 8:35 pm

Oh gosh, nobody mentioned Cave Story! Actually, I've still not beaten this yet. It's a pretty decent length game, and if it wasn't free, I'd buy it.
I'll always love my classic grey game boy, and Zelda and Tetris of course.

Lately I don't play much of anything. Going to school and working all the time does that to you.

Stick
Flight Moderator

Post by Stick » Thu Nov 08, 2007 5:14 pm

It's hard with my final rotations winding down, i've been finding it harder to play games more and more, but i'm back home for a couple of days so i've been jamming with all the freetime i've got.

Ratchet and Clank Future: Tools of Destruction - PS3 - Not only is my PS3 a great PS2, it's now finally got a couple of decent games to boot, R&C now being one of them. I've never played any of their games before, so I was a tad hesitant, but lets face it, the current selection of PS3 titles are sparse at best, so I took a chance, and all I can say is Wow. For the past 3 days I pretty much played it non-stop, and was engroseed not only by the gameplay, but by the sheer beauty of it. The game is pure eye-candy. The back of the box states that it's like playing through a Pixar Movie, and I have to agree with that statment. Even my dad walked by and stopped to watch me play said just how beautiful it was to look at. If you got a PS3 and haven't picked it up until now, I highly suggest picking this title up.

Zack and Wiki: The quest for barboros's treasure - Wii- In my youth, I was a big 'point and click' adventure nut, especially for the Police Quest series of games from Sierra. So, when I heard that this game had a similar approach to how it handled, I just had to pick it up (and thanks to a mix up at walmart, got it for a discounted price!). Suffice to say, it's totally worth the cash. This is probably one of those games which are destined to becoming a title no one buys because of how it plays, but I cannot stress enough just how kick-ass this title is. Yes, it is geared towards younger gamers, but let me tell you, as you progress through the game, the puzzles get more and more challenging to the point where I have to get someone else to help me solve them. If you have been on the fence on getting it, don't wait any longer, go out and grab a copy. Hell, if you don't open it, you can even probally sell it on ebay too.

Stick
Flight Moderator

Post by Stick » Sun Nov 11, 2007 6:05 pm

Restarted playing Okami for the ps2. Godamn if you haven't played this till now, what are you waiting for?! ... the wii version? Okay then.

nateomedia

Post by nateomedia » Sun Nov 11, 2007 8:02 pm

I'm waiting for the Wii version. No PS2. :)

Capcom has been putting out some solid Wii titles. Resident Evil 4 was great, Zach & Wiki, now Okami... RE4 may have been a port, but it was a really good port. I have a feeling Okami will get the same treatment.

Stick
Flight Moderator

Post by Stick » Sun Nov 11, 2007 10:30 pm

nateomedia wrote:I'm waiting for the Wii version. No PS2. :)

Capcom has been putting out some solid Wii titles. Resident Evil 4 was great, Zach & Wiki, now Okami... RE4 may have been a port, but it was a really good port. I have a feeling Okami will get the same treatment.
well, i'm not too sure about okami. first the original dev studio clover studios was shut down after poor sales from okami, so it's going to be headed up by another team. Not only that, if the news is to believed, they're not going to add anything new.. other than the different control scheme. Not that there's anything really wrong with the game, but if all it is just a straight up port of the ps2 version, without any enhancements, aka widescreen or 480p support or any extras, as someone who's already got a copy, i don't see any benefit to buying another copy.

And are they even going to keep the hidden clovers in the game? Kinda would be in poor taste considering they killed the studio.. Still, I hope to be suprised. I don't mind having two copies of okami really, especially if i finish the ps2 version. It's that good.

nateomedia

Post by nateomedia » Mon Nov 12, 2007 1:16 am

Well, I never played the game. And, from what it sounds like, neither did many other people. So I can see the logic in Capcom just repackaging the game as is. As far as widescreen and 480p goes, Capcom did a great job with RE4 so I can't imagine them not adding those features with Okami.

I don't know, I've read similar gripes on some of the gaming sites that I follow and it seems to me that the game reviewers who complain about a lack of new content forget that most people don't own all three consoles and often miss out on platform exclusive titles. Last time around I had an Xbox and so I missed out on RE4. Now that I have a Wii, I'm not playing Ratchet and Clank or Halo. I mean, I know you personally will be bummed because you want to play more Okami but, if a straight port (done well), turns out to be a success, I think that might be just what Capcom needs to justify a sequel.

To stay on topic though, my wife and I played more Zach and Wiki -- some of the later levels get pretty big! And the puzzles are definitely getting tougher. We're really enjoying the game. Good stuff.

Phil

Post by Phil » Tue Nov 13, 2007 5:36 pm

DR. MARIO!! The second best puzzle game ever, after Tetris. Recently busted out the ol' Nintendo 64, which is the only system for I own Dr. Mario, and we had some epic 2 v. 2 pill-popping battles last weekend. Now I need some pills to get Dr. Mario out of my head. (Awesome music, too. "Fever" and "Chill" rank up there with the all-stars of classic Nintendo tunes.)

And... of course...

HALO 3
Plays just as well as Halo 2, but looks even better.
Now if they would just add Lockout to the map list...
8)

Now I shall go check for a thread on Xbox Live gamertags.

Nofret

Post by Nofret » Fri Nov 16, 2007 11:25 am

The New Ratchet And Clank, Tools of Destruction!!
Controls oh so nice, beautiful graphic, and I love the disco ball weapon!

Stick
Flight Moderator

Post by Stick » Fri Nov 16, 2007 3:28 pm

Nofret wrote:The New Ratchet And Clank, Tools of Destruction!!
Controls oh so nice, beautiful graphic, and I love the disco ball weapon!
you and me both! try it on the final boss fight! lol

do the hussle!