Currently Playing...

Discuss games.
nateomedia

Post by nateomedia » Fri Mar 07, 2008 5:46 pm

I've been playing a lot of Call of Duty 4 as well. Since the format wars are over, I picked up a PS3 for Blu-ray and gaming.

jcaffoe

Post by jcaffoe » Mon Mar 17, 2008 9:14 am

I have been playing ENTIRELY too much Smash Bros. Brawl

Harry Myland (IV)

Post by Harry Myland (IV) » Mon Mar 17, 2008 7:22 pm

jcaffoe wrote:I have been playing ENTIRELY too much Smash Bros. Brawl
My buddy has it. Needless to say I've been spending more time there then at my own place.

Whose your favorite to play as? For me, right now it's R.O.B, Pokemon Trainer and Meta Knight - though I haven't been Sonic yet, so maybe that'll change...

Me=addicted. And I have no Wii, which makes the addiction even worse.

Can't get my fix! :D
NOMAD TOFU (updates M/W/F... it's about a goofy nomad who causes disaster everywhere he goes.)

jcaffoe

Post by jcaffoe » Tue Mar 18, 2008 1:10 pm

Sonic, Diddy, and Ike are pretty much my top three, though this is the first installment where I feel like every character deserves equal attention.

Dan Santat

Post by Dan Santat » Sun Apr 13, 2008 12:01 pm

I'm currently playing....

Rainbow Six 2: Vegas Not an improvement on the first one but still a really fun game if you're a fan of the first

Bully: Scholarship Edition A funny and entertaining game. Rockstar is the only company that can do an open city right as far as I'm concerned, with the exception of the guys who did Crackdown. This is the first game I ever bought on the 360 where I actually completed all the achievements

COD4 This company shows how great linear gaming and scripted scenarios can be.

Mass Effect Darn good storytelling. Not Knights of the Old Republic good but still good nontheless. Quite a few similarities to Star Wars.
Dan is my name. Art is what I do.

dark77778

Post by dark77778 » Thu Apr 24, 2008 11:48 am

NEW games I'm playing:

Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles DS: Sometimes frustrating level design but with characters you just want to wrap up and take home with you. Combat's a lot of fun too so nothing really feels like a grind as opposed to a slash-fest. Also, I personally liked the chalice you carried around in the first one but I'm just crazy like that. Oh, also SQEnix still hasn't quite worked out how to get friendly AI to stop being dumb. Good thing one PC is enough to take on most baddies if you grind enough.

Phantom Hourglass: Frustrating as hell but the combat and graphics are SOOOO worth it.

Rise of Nations: Civ meets Age of Empires=LAN Party!

The Movies: The game's totally glitched at points but is fun and incredibly time consuming.

Sam&Max Season 1: Proof that the adventure game genre can still kick some serious butt...and that Max can lick his own! *wonders where this game has been all his life*
I'm my own breed of eccentric.

dan

Post by dan » Sun May 25, 2008 9:04 pm

Playing: Kirby's Dreamland for the NES.

Played: Okami for the PS2.

Going to Play: Legend of Zelda for the NES.

Vince

Post by Vince » Thu Sep 18, 2008 12:18 pm

Finished: The Longest Journey

I love adventure games. I realized that adventure and RPG were my favorite game genres because of the characters and storytelling. When I have more time I might pick up Dreamfall. Does anyone have any good adventure game recommendations?

dark77778

Post by dark77778 » Thu Sep 18, 2008 1:39 pm

Depends on what you have or haven't played yet Vince. I recommend all of the Quest games, but mainly Kings [V-VII only] and Quest for Glory, as well as Day of the Tentacle if you haven't played it or Monkey Island yet. Anything by Telltale is golden as well. I'm guessing you're talking about old school style adventure though and nothing like Action-Adv.

dan

Post by dan » Sun Sep 28, 2008 11:29 am

Final Fantasy Origins for the PS. :D

matthewart

Post by matthewart » Sat Nov 29, 2008 2:29 pm

been sneeking in allot of DS'n

Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia
(probably my favorite since Synphony of the night)

Got addicted to Geometry Wars

Can't wait to play Crono Trigger DS I missed the PS1 release... and its been a while. One of my favs of all time.

Odin Sphere ...again

and my five year old daughter still wants to play Shadow of Colossus even after two years. I still like it too. I bet she'd dig ICO I should ebay that.

And... Wii'n it... with Wario! like the hand drawn art part of it. Some of the music though.... yeeesh.
M@TtHeW

"We are the music makers, We are the dreamers of dreams" ~ Arthur O'Shaughnessy

jcaffoe

Post by jcaffoe » Sat Nov 29, 2008 2:54 pm

I've been playing Wrath of the Lich King wayyyyy too much...

aside from that I picked up Picross for DS, which is my favorite logic/puzzle game I've played since I started doing Sudoku a few years ago. I'm pretty hooked on it.

I've also been playing some old Super Nintendo games. I started playing Earthbound a few weeks ago and can't get enough of it. One of the most charming RPG's of all time, and it's giving me plenty of story inspiration. I might have to start a new comic pretty soon...

I'm excited to pick up Chrono Trigger on the DS in the next couple weeks. I haven't played it in almost eight years and I'm really excited to play through again.

dark77778

Post by dark77778 » Sat Nov 29, 2008 5:14 pm

I wasn't going to waste spending my money on a game I've already beaten ten times and basically memorized, so I just saw the super secret new ending where you face off against the new boss in Chrono Trigger DS [who I'm so happy about you have no idea] on youtube. The ending sort of has me go '???' though, because Square already said that Guile isn't Magus, but this ending seems to confirm that he is...unless it means that Magus survives in some way with Serge. Still, I'm really glad that they bridged the Chrono Cross story a bit more, so they're at least keeping on top of the story. Now they just need to make a third one to bring it all together, or fix up the three truck-sized plot holes on Cross in a remake of that.

Earthbound is a strange game, and while it's great for the most part, the ending is just whacked and shallow.

Josh Mauser

Post by Josh Mauser » Mon Dec 01, 2008 12:45 pm

If you have a DS (or a GBA/GBA emulator) and are a fan of old-school style beat-em ups I suggest a Gameboy Advance game called Bruce Lee: Return of the Legend.

I sat down and actually watched Enter the Dragon the whole way through for the first time earlier this week (it was awesome), and started wondering if they ever made a game about Bruce Lee. Seems obvious right? Well, there was one for X-Box that was just a crappy fighting game, and there was a Super Nintendo game based on the much elaborated docu- movie Dragon: the Bruce Lee Story. This game sucked as well.

But the Gameboy Advance game is by far the BEST example of what I thought a Bruce Lee game should be. It follows the plot of a would-be Bruce Lee movie, set in the 70's, complete with pop-collar bell-bottom suit thugs and afro haired karate henchmen. It's styled like an old school beat-em-up (Think Turtles in Time) and has a surprising list of maneuvers and combos you can pull off, with special moves like split kicks and backwards punches (the only thing you can't do is grapple and throw people). Also there's weapons like bo-staffs and nunchucks at your disposal. Sweet!

The bosses are very old school as well, meaning a large life bar and pretty overpowered. It fits with the style of the game but can be incredibly frustrating when a cheap grenade takes down half your life bar.

The game's pacing alternates between action oriented stages (complete with challenging platforming) and stealth operations (more the former than the latter, though). While I was often wondering how at some points guards could NOT see me, their AI is more or less sensitive and can be challenging as well (since you can't even take them out without getting caught).

So yeah, kind of a long post, but I found this for my GBA emulator and thought it was awesome and has filled up bits of spare time. Also, the hard mode you unlock is incredibly difficult, so no lack of a challenge there.

It's kind of an old game (2003). You can find the real copy on Ebay but expect to pay around 15-20 dollars.

Stick
Flight Moderator

Post by Stick » Mon Dec 01, 2008 1:05 pm

dark77778 wrote:I wasn't going to waste spending my money on a game I've already beaten ten times and basically memorized, so I just saw the super secret new ending where you face off against the new boss in Chrono Trigger DS [who I'm so happy about you have no idea] on youtube. The ending sort of has me go '???' though, because Square already said that Guile isn't Magus, but this ending seems to confirm that he is...unless it means that Magus survives in some way with Serge. Still, I'm really glad that they bridged the Chrono Cross story a bit more, so they're at least keeping on top of the story. Now they just need to make a third one to bring it all together, or fix up the three truck-sized plot holes on Cross in a remake of that.

argghhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SPOILERS!!!!!!!!!I haven't finished trigger or cross!!!!