Currently Playing...

Discuss games.
Gunwhale

Post by Gunwhale » Sat Nov 17, 2007 11:25 am

Hah, I bet Kazu is currently playing Halo 3. 500 games so far? :D

I hit that game hard once it came out, but have slowed down on the carnage since my friend sent his 360 in for repairs, because we usually team up online.

I also downloaded Marathon: Durandal from Live Arcade recently and beat that.

Assassin's Creed looks good. Anyone played it yet?
Image Image

Kazu
Site Admin

Post by Kazu » Sat Nov 17, 2007 4:17 pm

I ordered Assassin's Creed, but it's still on its way over here. In the meantime, my game playing time is becoming more and more precious as the projects mount at work, so Halo 3 and Super Mario Galaxy are on rotation. Halo for when my friends are playing, and Galaxy for relaxation and playing 2 player co-op with Amy. The Orange Box got about 1 hour from me (on Portal), but it's collecting dust now. My guess is that Assassin's Creed will suffer the same fate. :D

rey-o

Post by rey-o » Sat Nov 17, 2007 6:18 pm

I'm really looking forward to some galaxy action.

Until then, I've been playing games on my DS. Right now in the DS slot I've got Puzzle Quest. It's an odd mix of rpg elements and (obviously) puzzle gaming, and it's pretty good!

Final Fantasy Tactics Advanced resides in the GBA slot, I haven't gotten into it as much as I have Puzzle Quest. From what I've played it's pretty fun, although it's quite involved compared to Puzzle Quest.
cheers,
rey-o
www.rey-o.com

kyle-latino

Post by kyle-latino » Sun Nov 18, 2007 6:36 am

I recently got a classic Zelda itch I just had to scratch.

Oh baby, I had to work some major Nes Voodoo to technomance the ol' gold cartridge out of it's 777 year slumber. Let's just say, my next door neighbor may wake up to find one less cat sleeping on the washing machine in her backyard.

webcomic: dinopartycomics.com
deviantart: kyle-latino.deviantart.com

nateomedia

Post by nateomedia » Wed Nov 21, 2007 9:42 pm

I stopped by Toys R Us today expecting the Wii section to be barren from the buy 2 get 1 free deal they were running. I left with Super Mario Galaxy, Battalion Wars II and Fire Emblem. I'd hoped for Metal Of Honor: Heroes 2, but I'm pretty happy. Rayman Raving Rabbids 2 also just arrived from Amazon. Hrm. I have no idea when I'm going to have time to play all of these games.

Tyler

Post by Tyler » Sun Nov 25, 2007 6:04 pm

Mass Effect is currently consuming every free second of my days.

Only thing I don't like about it so far is the inability to make a passibly attractive female character with the custom character tools. :? I tweaked it around every which way and the best it could come up with was a character who looked about 35 who may have been good looking at one time or another in the past. ha. :wink:

Termian

Post by Termian » Wed Dec 12, 2007 8:38 pm

I was going to play some Fight Night Round 2 today. I loaded it into my Xbox 360 and it said both the game and Xbox live had updates. I updated both. Now Fight Night Round 2's loading screen freezes (The loading bar won't go past the "O" of "LOADING...".) :evil:

nateomedia

Post by nateomedia » Thu Dec 13, 2007 3:15 am

I just finished up a Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn binge. I've never played the series before, but it's a lot of fun -- reminds me of Final Fantasy Tactics for the GBA. Maybe it's just because I haven't played any games on the 360 or the PS3, but I'm really happy with the graphics. Perhaps I should have higher expectations? All I know is that this game sure is pretty to look at.

Wirya

Post by Wirya » Thu Dec 13, 2007 10:17 am

Currently, I'm playing Resident Evil Outbreak File II on PS2. Wow, this game is just NUTS. I didn't realize the stupid 'holes' in the design of the game, until I played the Hard and the Very Hard difficulty.

I'm also playing Guilty Gear XX Accent Core on PS2.
No artwork is ugly.
If it's ugly then it's not an artwork.

My melodic comics thread :
http://www.flightcomics.com/forum/viewt ... 45&start=0

flatrabbit

Post by flatrabbit » Thu Dec 13, 2007 12:06 pm

I'm not playing much as most of my new games are planned Christmas gifts from my wife/kids. So it would be unfair to play them until I "officially" get them. Those should include Mass Effect, Assassin's Creed and I think Orange Box too. I specifically held off on buying games so they would have some to buy me.

So really I'm just playing a lot of Halo 3..and the Live arcade games on the 360 (Band of Bugs, Super Puzzle Fighter, Catan) plus may main addiction ....WoW.
flatrabbit
--"We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars." - Oscar Wilde
‡ [ home ] ‡

Tony

Post by Tony » Tue Dec 18, 2007 11:40 pm

Mario Galaxy: what can I say? It's just super fun. Soooo much imagination and creativity in all the game mechanics, and they're all so diverse... but... wait for it... accessible! How DOOO they DOOO it?

Hooked up my 360 the other day, too. So far I've tried Halo 3, which I guess is kind of fun. Coming from using KB/Mouse for FPS gaming, it's really, really tricky (I haven't played any of the other Halos). Technically excellent... almost no loading times, good sound, fun enemy behaviours, AWESOME group chatter (whether it's your dudes or the enemy). I've been watching the gaming blogs heavily during the build-up and the launch, though, and it's hard for the game to live up to the monstrous hype.

Also played some Forza 2, which is good and very "authentic" feeling. On the one hand, there's so much technical garbage and menu navigation that it doesn't seem that fun (i'm not a gearhead). On the other hand, this morning I found myself thinking about the game and how I'd like to get my dream car, an Audi S4, and tune the hell out of it. So the game must be doing something right.

EDIT: WTF is up with the noise on the 360? It makes my living room sound like the deck of an aircraft carrier.

flatrabbit

Post by flatrabbit » Wed Dec 19, 2007 11:09 am

Tony wrote:EDIT: WTF is up with the noise on the 360? It makes my living room sound like the deck of an aircraft carrier.

Yeah the optical drives on some of the 360s sound like planes during take off, it's crazy. I have a friend that it sounds like that all the time whether he's playing or not. Mine really only seems to sound like that when it's loading initially..or maybe I'm just tuning it out.
flatrabbit
--"We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars." - Oscar Wilde
‡ [ home ] ‡

nateomedia

Post by nateomedia » Sat Dec 29, 2007 1:17 pm

I am still spending most of my evenings play Fire Emblem. I am seriously addicted to this game. I'm not one to play through a game more than once but, since I'm playing on easy, I'm seriously considering trying to get through the game again on normal or difficult.

Stick
Flight Moderator

Post by Stick » Mon Dec 31, 2007 12:14 am

this holiday season has proven to be good to me and my never ending quest to finish off all the games i have in my position.

Past few days i've managed to finish off:

-Uncharted (great game, if you have a PS3, you have no excuse not picking this up. )

-Mario Galaxy (what can I say what hasn't already been said by reviews everywhere? It was amazing.)

-Timeshift (it was a rental and I just wanted to finish a quick FPS. It was alright not too shabby, but there was nothing original or new in the game).

Probably going to start on Final Fantasy IV for the DS. I bought it last year when it was released and it was still sealed until a couple of weeks ago.

neil

Post by neil » Mon Dec 31, 2007 6:31 pm

Stick wrote:Probably going to start on Final Fantasy IV for the DS. I bought it last year when it was released and it was still sealed until a couple of weeks ago.
Ooh I want that!

Actually, this is a good place to ask: What is the best role playing game for the DS? I really loved Final Fantasy and Chrono Trigger as a teenager--is there anything out that captures a similar feel?