The Iron Gate

FAQ and questions/comments
Charlie the choo choo

The Iron Gate

Post by Charlie the choo choo » Mon Jan 22, 2007 6:18 pm

Ok Kazu I've been working the comic in my mind for some time and I still can't figure out what the point of the story was. Was it aint war? Aint being gung ho about war? Or was it about the effect war has on people in general?
I really enjoy this story, it holds a place in my heart as the first story I ever read in the flight series. Truth be told, that story along with a few others in Vol. 3 were the reason I went out and bought the whole series.
To view the last of me, a living frame
For one more picture! in a sheet of flame
I saw them and I knew them all. And yet
Dauntless the slug-horn to my lips I set,
And blew. "Childe Roland to the Dark Tower came."

Kazu
Site Admin

Post by Kazu » Tue Jan 23, 2007 12:06 am

It actually has a lot more to do with politics than warfare. During the last presidential elections, I found myself in constant debates with people I felt I had a lot in common with. It was endlessly frustrating to see such a cultural divide on such surface issues when we all ultimately believed in the same things and we were all going to have to deal with the same problems. The war setting is used in a more allegorical sense (though these days, I suppose it isn't too far from the truth). So, in the end, the story is about how we're all just trying to survive, and we all have different ways of doing it.