Inspired

FAQ and questions/comments
Og

Inspired

Post by Og » Fri Oct 13, 2006 7:04 pm

Hi, all

I have only recently come across the Flight series, and I love it! Very glad to have found this forum; it's nice to see the artists and all the other fans here. You're a talented lot! Darn you, you gave me Comics Fever. Now I have to put down my mouse and pick my pencil back up...

Thanks for all the inspiration.

Cheers!

-Og (Steve Ogden)
ImageImage

Rad Sechrist

re

Post by Rad Sechrist » Sat Oct 14, 2006 8:26 am

Thanks Steve. Look forward to seeing more post from you.

Tom_on_ice

Inspired

Post by Tom_on_ice » Sun Nov 25, 2007 5:26 pm

The first time I read Flight, when a friend showed me vol.3 I knew I wanted to learn how to do comics or water colors or some thing.
I've tried a lot to teach myslef how to cartoon but i've never been able.
I do other forms of art like still life and model painting. And I'm appplying to an art highschool this fall. But I never got the hang of drawing comics even though i've been really insipred by Flight. So how can I start to learn?
God bless the atheists

jdalton

Post by jdalton » Wed Nov 28, 2007 7:57 pm

I'd say the best way to learn is to just do it. Someone once said that you have to draw 10,000 drawings before you draw your first "good" one. So keep up with your other art interests, but draw comics. Draw a lot of them!

Studying art in school is also worthwhile, so is reading comics, and there are always books on drawing comics like the ones by Scott McCloud, but really the drawing is the main thing.

Good luck!
Jonathon Dalton
Image Image