Flight 3!

FAQ and questions/comments
Hyptosis

Flight 3!

Post by Hyptosis » Thu Jun 29, 2006 8:48 pm

Picked up the new flight today, very cool stuff guys. Just wanted to give a big kudos to everyone who worked on it. =]

mr cow

Post by mr cow » Fri Jun 30, 2006 8:10 am

aww.. my comic shop didn't receive it yet :(. can't wait to read it though!

Hyptosis

Post by Hyptosis » Fri Jun 30, 2006 12:18 pm

Oh it is a blast, i love how some of the artist carried on from previous creations, and some did totally new things.

jshamblin

Post by jshamblin » Fri Jun 30, 2006 12:48 pm

My copy was delivered Wednesday afternoon, but I still have yet to read every story. So far I really enjoyed Rad Sechrist's, Tony Cliff's, Johane Matte's, Kean Soo's and Matthew Armstrong's stories. Kazu's story hit a nerve, but I think that's mainly because I'm prior service. It makes you think, which can be said for almost everything Kazu creates. All of stories have excellent artwork. My favorite story so far would have to be Phil Craven's The Rescue. Phil's a genius! It just might be my favorite of all 3 volumes.

As I read on, I think it's safe to say that it was worth more than every cent paid and I can't wait for volume 4! A great job to everyone in Flight! :D

Hyptosis

Post by Hyptosis » Fri Jun 30, 2006 12:53 pm

That is aweomse, my favorite would have to be Johane Matte which applies to her previous entries as well. But it is just ataste thing. Everyond did a wonderful job.

wikkidwikkid

Post by wikkidwikkid » Fri Jun 30, 2006 4:20 pm

i may be thinking too hard, but i kinda dont understand the rescue. ive gotsome idea, but i keep wondering if im missing something. i got very lost towards the end.... can somebody maybe PM me what it means?

Kazu
Site Admin

Post by Kazu » Fri Jun 30, 2006 5:23 pm

Glad you like the book, guys! :D

Josh-Ulrich

Post by Josh-Ulrich » Thu Jul 06, 2006 9:04 pm

If you can't find Flight 3 at your local comic shop, check out barnes and noble (pending you have one), they carry it. Books a Million should have it as well.

Nunumi

Post by Nunumi » Fri Jul 07, 2006 5:55 pm

Yes! I got it! The guy at the bookstore was still holding it in his hands, and I was like : I want that book!! ^^ So I got it. I read half of it already. It was really enjoyable.

I was wondering... what is the frequency of the Flight books releases?? One each year?? I know the 4th is one the way. I wish it is sooner than next year! >_<

Stick
Flight Moderator

Post by Stick » Mon Jul 10, 2006 1:08 pm

wow i've been on hiatus for a while. nice to see that i get back and there's finally something for me to do! lol.. i moved this to the questions/comments forum. :)

anyhoo, i'll just add in my 2 cents and say that i just picked up the book from barnes and noble today, and i must say that it's absolutely fantastic so far! Great work Kazu and Co. And here's hoping i can get on more often now to help moderate the forum now that i've finally gotten past some of the harder areas of my clinical rotations. :)

Kazu
Site Admin

Post by Kazu » Mon Jul 10, 2006 4:55 pm

Minini > Yep. The books come out yearly for now. Next summer, Ballantine will be releasing all four volumes together (the 4th one along with the new editions of 1 and 2), so that should be exciting. :D

inkfarm

Post by inkfarm » Mon Jul 10, 2006 6:00 pm

just got it. its really very good. of what ive read my favorite is either kazu k's or israel sanchez.
i miss catia chien stuff, although the contents page is nice.

Wordsmith

Death

Post by Wordsmith » Wed Jul 12, 2006 4:14 pm

I loved Flight 3! I read it on a sunny by the side of the road as my girlfriend picked blueberries...lovely time.

There's one thing I noticed there was a lot of though and that is death. It seems that in every Flight 3 story someone dies. It doesn't affect the quality of the book at all but it makes one wonder about a cartoonist's lifestyle. Anything you'd like to share with us guys? :wink:
"One might always be wrong."