Flight Saved My Life

FAQ and questions/comments
Olly

Flight Saved My Life

Post by Olly » Wed Aug 13, 2008 9:31 pm

My name is Olly Akanni.

I'm a 21 year old male of Nigerian American descent. I'm about to go into my Senior Year at Virginia Commonwealth University.

I can't draw.

--What i mean is, I can't draw great. I can draw well. But to be frank, I can do a lot of things well. That's always been my talent. But unlike the FLIGHT artists, or anyone who's amazing at anything, I've never had the patience to truly be great.

And so, after going through the motions after nearly 17 years of school...

And after feeling like all my potential to be great at anything ultimately got me no where...

Its not crazy after those feelings to feel like you want to be lost forever... not even to be dead... just... lost.

But about three months ago, I picked up FLIGHT V4 at a comic shop across the street from my apartment... i've never been one to really read comics of any sort for more than 10 mins. but i couldn't put it down... the stories by Pascal Campion, Kazu Kibushi, and Ryan Estrada stood out to me personally..

but all of it was a great read. And when i was finished, i felt like I had the escape I really longed for. reading the stories like these helped me grow, helped me think, made me laugh, made me smile, and definitely kept me entertained.

I've recently read FLIGHT V5, and i love it just as much. And I'm sure i'm going to end up taking the time to go back and read the other volumes...

But FLIGHT really has saved my life. No my story doesn't end with me becoming a successful lawyer, or doctor, or having any clue what the heck i'm going to do with my life after college...

But with a lot of thanks to FLIGHT I realize if i can keep my head up as much as the minds that created these stories...

I'm confident that where ever I land in life... I'll be just fine.

Thanks.

Kazu
Site Admin

Post by Kazu » Thu Aug 14, 2008 3:56 pm

Hi Olly! Thanks for posting here, and I'm so happy to hear the stories connected with you. I'm sure the other Flight artists can agree, that it's hearing things like this that help keep us going too. :D

Olly

Post by Olly » Thu Aug 14, 2008 11:59 pm

Thanks for responding Kazu! By the way, do you have an email address you can be contacted at?

Kazu
Site Admin

Post by Kazu » Fri Aug 15, 2008 11:54 am

My email is kazu@boltcity.com