Kazu, Reagan Lodge, Michael Gagne, Rad Sechrist, Bannister

FAQ and questions/comments
DarkWriter31

Kazu, Reagan Lodge, Michael Gagne, Rad Sechrist, Bannister

Post by DarkWriter31 » Sat Aug 09, 2008 1:09 pm

Out of all the art and stories I love your work the best. It's the most whimsical and the best in terms of storytelling.

I am not an artist but I am an aspiring screenwriter and, maybe, comic writer. Do you start with a script or a written out story? I'm wondering if this applies to Gagne's and Lodge's stories because they do seem to be part of a bigger story. Do you have any advice?
"Show me a hero and I'll write you a tragedy." - F. Scott Fitzgerald

http://onethirsty.blogspot.com (My writings and ramblings.)

Michel Gagne

Post by Michel Gagne » Sun Aug 10, 2008 6:26 pm

Hey Darkwriter31 - Glad you like The Saga of Rex.

Although I have an overall concept for the entire story in my head (not written), I allow changes and improvisation to come through as I go. In some ways, I feel like a spectator watching my story unfold, quite often in surprising and unexpected ways. I've been told by many professionals that this is not a good way to do a graphic novel but it seems to be the only one that works for me.

Cheers!

dark77778

Post by dark77778 » Mon Aug 11, 2008 9:54 am

By letting Saga of Rex unfold on its own is what gives it its dreamlike existence which, to me (don't know about anyone else), makes half of the magic and makes everything that happens totally unexpected and boarderline random. Thing is though, it's much more refreshing, fun and new to be reading something based on instinct instead of something with complex thought and devices; Michel, don't change a thing.
I'm my own breed of eccentric.

DarkWriter31

Rex

Post by DarkWriter31 » Wed Aug 13, 2008 9:17 pm

[quote="Michel Gagne"]Hey Darkwriter31 - Glad you like The Saga of Rex.

Although I have an overall concept for the entire story in my head (not written), I allow changes and improvisation to come through as I go. In some ways, I feel like a spectator watching my story unfold, quite often in surprising and unexpected ways.

Cheers![/quote]

Thanks for the response!

It certainly does feel like that when I'm reading the story. That and Rex has so much emotion on his face, I find myself literally going, "Awwwww!" and smiling, and I don't do that very often!

Adam

Rad Sechrist

re

Post by Rad Sechrist » Tue Sep 02, 2008 11:59 am

Thanks.

DarkWriter31

Re: re

Post by DarkWriter31 » Mon Sep 22, 2008 11:10 pm

[quote="Rad Sechrist"]Thanks.[/quote]

Your welcome.

How did you get the idea for "Ghost Trolley" especially the idea for the world it takes place in?

Adam

dark77778

Post by dark77778 » Mon Sep 22, 2008 11:36 pm

Besides the obvious reason of there being an overwhelming need for a good Steampunk comic you mean, right DarkWriter? Y'know it was weird because I swore when I read that comic Rad that I'd seen those character somewhere before Flight...but maybe it was just my seeing your art somewhere else a long time ago.
I'm my own breed of eccentric.