Diverging Comics - Interview

Talks with Flight artists, as well as reviews of related books...
Diverging Comics

Diverging Comics - Interview

Post by Diverging Comics » Wed May 12, 2004 6:40 am

Hey everybody,

Hopefully Kazu has talked to everyone about what I am doing on the board or I am going to look quite the fool. I am the owner, and operator, of 'Diverging Comics.' A little while ago Kazu did an interview with me regarding 'Flight' and it went so well, I think, that Kazu suggested that I get into contact with everyone else who has a hand in making 'Flight' and do an interview with them. We eventually settled on doing it in this forum because it would be easiest due to the fact everyone likes to hang out here and shoot the breeze.

I've been a little busy, and sick, the last few days so it might be a day or two longer before I can post any questions up, but I just wanted to give everyone a heads up, say 'Hello' and how much 'Flight' looks to be spectacular. So....heads up, hello and 'flight looks spectacular.' :D

In a day or two I will be posting up the interview questions. If you feel like taking part just respond to the questions and post up your answers. There is no pressure and hopefully we can spread the word on 'Flight' just a little bit more, but by the looks of it you don't need my help at all.

Kazu
Site Admin

Post by Kazu » Wed May 12, 2004 8:41 am

Welcome. Sean! I am sure that with this crazy bunch, the interview should be very interesting. :D

By the way, Sean is also from Toronto, so Kean, you guys are probably in the same neighborhood...

Kean
Site Admin

Post by Kean » Wed May 12, 2004 9:52 am

Kazu wrote:By the way, Sean is also from Toronto...
This I did not know. Hullo Sean!

Diverging Comics

Post by Diverging Comics » Wed May 12, 2004 7:09 pm

Kean wrote:
Kazu wrote:By the way, Sean is also from Toronto...
This I did not know. Hullo Sean!
Greetings, Kean. Where in Toronto are you located? Maybe you've been to my shop

Kean
Site Admin

Post by Kean » Wed May 12, 2004 10:49 pm

I'm actually on the outskirts of the GTA -- in Mississauga, actually (ugh).

Where is your store? I don't think I've ever been to it (actually, until all this Flight business, I didn't really frequent comic stores all that often).

Diverging Comics

Post by Diverging Comics » Thu May 13, 2004 7:29 pm

Kean wrote:I'm actually on the outskirts of the GTA -- in Mississauga, actually (ugh).
Ugh? UGH!? Not a fan of Mississauga? But you have the oldest mayor in the history of the world.
Where is your store? I don't think I've ever been to it (actually, until all this Flight business, I didn't really frequent comic stores all that often).
My store, that I just work at and do not own, is located in Scarborough. It isn't a huge store by any means but apparently, as I have learned, a lot of people know about it. I was apparently the only person on the planet who wasn't familiar with it until I looked it up in the yellow pages all those years ago :D

It is called "Ron's Comic Room."

Kean
Site Admin

Post by Kean » Thu May 13, 2004 10:22 pm

Hahaha. I absolutely, positively hate suburban areas. It drives me up the walls. Mississauga is totally suburb central.

Yeah, I haven't been to your store (not 'your' store, but well, you know). I suppose that we already have some support for Flight out in Scarborough?