Trader Joe's

Recommend restaurants, dishes, cuisines, etc.
Kazu
Site Admin

Trader Joe's

Post by Kazu » Mon Mar 08, 2004 2:37 am

I LOVE Trader Joe's. The food is good, plentiful, fresh, and inexpensive. Every time I go to the supermarket, I feel ripped off, thinking it's simply better if I just go out to eat all the time. After every visit to Trader Joe's, I feel like I bought a bunch of great stuff, at just the right amount, for just the right price. You can't beat them when it comes to perishable goods, and they have great wines and snacks. I should put a permanent link to their site on Bolt City...

KingMixer

Here Here...

Post by KingMixer » Tue Mar 09, 2004 10:27 pm

I second that. I love their chocalate Mochi which is to die for and their sushi is fun to pick up on the run and just about everything else is awesome. The company has a really good work environment too which I love and everyone is so friendly.

Mark

dik pose

Post by dik pose » Wed Mar 10, 2004 11:46 am

Trader joes defintilly rocks, great alcohol selection (I love the Lambics) and great tea selection (Egyptian Licorice!!! Boo-ya!!!) Have to try out the other stuff later.

Mikie

Post by Mikie » Sun Mar 28, 2004 7:47 pm

I don't go there nearly enough. I really should stop by there this week.

Finnegan

Post by Finnegan » Mon Mar 29, 2004 2:26 am

oh yeah... let's hear it for Trader Joes

i love that place too. They have fantastic stuff. their cheeses are excellent, and their wines are just about the same price and selecction as BevMo. Great stuff all-round. my girlfriend and I go there alot.

=BoB=

JonS

Post by JonS » Sat Nov 12, 2005 7:46 am

two buck chuck!

(the $1.99 wine special)
i see wine snobs all the time give in to the wine deals at tj's

Ian Jay
Location: America: The Magical Land of Neutron Bombs, Lean Pockets, And Napoleon Dynamite

Post by Ian Jay » Sat Nov 12, 2005 9:30 am

I concur. Trader Joe's is the ideal model for supermarkets. Plus they actually still give out free samples of stuff. For free! That's crazy.

My favorite section: The breads. I'm a carbophile, and they have bread at Joe's that's packed with exotic stuff such as flax, poppy seeds, barley, and something called sorghum. Which I like, of course. The farther from Wonder white, the better.

~IJ