What formerly hated food have you grown to love?

Recommend restaurants, dishes, cuisines, etc.
The_Noik

Post by The_Noik » Mon Sep 26, 2005 9:52 am

Olives! Once hated, now loved... :roll:

Reagan

Post by Reagan » Mon Sep 26, 2005 10:06 am

Salmon, sour cream, and mayonaise. I used to *HATE* all of the above so much. I'm still really picky about mayo and salmon though. Whenever I eat salmon it has to be freshly cooked, none of that pre-cooked crap.. I can't stand it. Absolutely disgusting. But if I buy it raw and cook it myself I absolutely love it.

With mayonaise I have to spice it up somehow, like mix in some hot sauce or something.

Sour cream I just plain love now for some mysterious reason.

Captain Uglyhead

Post by Captain Uglyhead » Tue Sep 27, 2005 5:21 pm

When I was very little, I did not like steak. I was not a vegetarian, though, as I clearly recall sending many a chicken breast or hot-dog down my gullet, but I flatly refused steak. I also disliked pizza.

Thank goodness, I have seen the light. I was wrong back then, those were the bad times. They made me better now.
It follows the continuity of the third Ziganokum movie. It stars Shrub Mikanore as Ziganokum and Bizzorum. With Johothin Griggor as Nebulox.

The_Noik

Post by The_Noik » Tue Sep 27, 2005 9:35 pm

Didnt like pizza?!?!
Wow! Didnt know there were people who dont like pizza,
hee, just kidding, but pizza is something nobody should be without it!

Joe Shig

Post by Joe Shig » Tue Sep 27, 2005 9:38 pm

Reagan, that avatar is so friggin' funny. :D

Sour cream is heaven with potato wedges and sweet chilli sauce.
--Joe.

davidhopkins

Post by davidhopkins » Thu Sep 29, 2005 2:38 pm

I used to hate Ranch dressing. Now, I love it.
:: antihero ::

Vince

Post by Vince » Thu Sep 29, 2005 2:52 pm

Fruit-based dessert stuff. I used to crave chocolate as a kid. Now I like strawberry shortcakes and things like that, and I no longer have a strong craving for chocolate. Actually, I barely have a craving for it at all.

Also, as time goes by, wine tastes better and better to me.

Dan Santat

Post by Dan Santat » Tue Oct 04, 2005 1:04 pm

Tomatoes.....

I hated them ever since I was a kid. I just added them to my salad for color.

My parents told me they were good for me so I made myself eat them.

25 years later..... Tomatoes aren't that bad...
Dan is my name. Art is what I do.

Los Fokos

Post by Los Fokos » Wed Oct 05, 2005 8:35 am

Cucumbers.
My mom told me that I couldn't drink milk with it cuz
it would give me diarrhea. I tried it with milk :shock: :shock: :shock:
Now it seems I will eat almost anything even if it does
tear me a new A-whole.
__alex f.
LosFokos

Ian Jay
Location: America: The Magical Land of Neutron Bombs, Lean Pockets, And Napoleon Dynamite

Post by Ian Jay » Thu Oct 20, 2005 6:53 pm

I honestly used to hate barbeque sauce. Now I adore it. Let me explain.

As a small child, I was what is known as a "meatpurist": I believed that anything placed on a slab of meat (condiment, topping, whatever) would diminish the overall flavor of the meat itself. Of course, being a germophobe, I would also insist that all the meat I ate was grilled to a gristly char in order to kill any rampant E. coli, but I still had my food philosophy (or "foodlosophy" as we experts call it).

But then... one day... someone served me a pulled pork sandwich for the first time. I took one bite and the savory sauce flooded through my mouth. I finished the sandwich and wiped every fry on my plate in the sweet, tangy nectar.

At the end of our meal, I turned to the waitress collecting our check and asked, "Madam, what is this, this glorious ambrosia of the gods that you have so generously drenched my sandwich in?"

"'S barbeque sauce," she replied. "You ain't never had barbeque sauce before?"

And at that moment I knew I was in love. Now I add barbeque sauce to my meals whenever possible, on beef, on pork, on chicken, on toast, on breakfast cereal, everywhere! I seriously could not imagine living without its gooey kick.

Two other things that I used to hate but now love: Pepperoni and blackberry jam. But both of those, of course, are another story altogether.

~IJ

PS: Does anybody use Tabasco Sauce on their pizza? I thought I didn't like spicy foods, but I've recently taken up the practice of keeping that friendly little red bottle of whoo-yah on my person whenever I'm going out for a slice. Try it! It's gooood!

Vince

Post by Vince » Thu Oct 20, 2005 11:10 pm

I put it on eggs and anything vaguely breakfast-y besides pancakes. Pizza is a capital idea. You are a genius.

Eviltwinpixie

Re: What formerly hated food have you grown to love?

Post by Eviltwinpixie » Thu Jul 23, 2009 8:49 pm

Broccoli's the biggie for me. Couldn't get past the look of it until I was an adult, now I can't get enough. Mmmmm.

Salmon, too. I never ever touched it, until one day I had a random craving and never looked back.

Chinese food I've only gotten into since moving to America. I've gotten a lot braver about food since then. When I was in England I hardly ever ate steak, and always cooked to well done. Now I practically swim in medium rare deliciousness cooked to perfection by my wonderful husband. :lol:
Grog. A comic about pirates.