Are there any good Brazilian BBQ restaurants in LA?

Recommend restaurants, dishes, cuisines, etc.
SonOfaRich

Are there any good Brazilian BBQ restaurants in LA?

Post by SonOfaRich » Fri Jan 16, 2004 11:58 am

I can't seem to find any Brazilian BBQ restaurant up here in the Bay Area. :cry:

Just thinking about all that meat, makes me hungry.

KingMixer

Brazillian BBQ

Post by KingMixer » Fri Jan 23, 2004 9:27 pm

There is my favorite spot inside the Farmer's Market in Hollwyood. To die for. Brazillian is the best most tasty food ever.

Mark

Phil

Post by Phil » Sat Jan 24, 2004 1:26 am

I think you're lookin' for Picanha Grill in Burbank, just a quick jog up the 5 from L.A.
It's on the corner of Palm and Third, if you want to know--and their food is literally making me salivate as I write this.

(Oops--gotta clean the keyboard now!) :D

Kazu
Site Admin

Post by Kazu » Sat Jan 24, 2004 1:32 am

Picanha is pretty pricey, but I guess that's just Brazilian BBQ. I also went to a place in Azusa a while ago that I think is actually a lot better than Picanha, called Green Fields or something...

Coheteboy

Post by Coheteboy » Sun Feb 22, 2004 12:23 am

Mmmmm Picahna is SOOOOOOO GOOD!!!!!

agremar

Post by agremar » Fri Apr 16, 2004 9:58 am

Cafe Brasil isn't too bad, it's on Venice in Culver City. Has a very nice patio...

chuckbb

Post by chuckbb » Wed Apr 28, 2004 7:49 am

there's alot of brazillian meat places, but they're always really expensive and have a stupid dancing girl that comes out and tries to emberass you in front of your family and you'relike 'no.' and then you grow up and you still get emberassed by the dancing girls. why are brazillians always dancing?

dik pose

Post by dik pose » Wed Apr 28, 2004 12:45 pm

If Brazilians didnt dance, they would lose half the charm...a few years ago I went to a Brazilian bar when Brazil was in the world cup finals (crazy there), during half time they had girls come out and do a dance show....this was at like 3am, it was the greatest sight these eyes have seen. I still weep when I think of that night.

TheLittleOne

Post by TheLittleOne » Wed Jun 02, 2004 3:49 pm

I don't know if it counts as a Brazilian BBQ, but Bossa Nova is definitely Brazilian food, and quite good at a fair price. There's on in West Hollywood and one in Hollywood on Sunset just west of LaBrea. The one in Hollywood is open till 4 am, in case you suddenly need Brazilian foood in the middle of the night.

foolio

Post by foolio » Fri Jun 18, 2004 12:06 am

Kazu wrote:Picanha is pretty pricey, but I guess that's just Brazilian BBQ. I also went to a place in Azusa a while ago that I think is actually a lot better than Picanha, called Green Fields or something...

that place in azusa is called Roda Viva, i've been there a few times, as far as all you can eat meat goes, it's decent. make sure you go during lunch/brunch when its cheaper though ($13.95).

the best brazilian bbq ive ever had though, and maybe best meal overall, was at Churrascaria Plataforma in new york city. they just kept on bringing all sorts of delicious food and meats to our table, there were high quality steaks and stuff, but then also meats wrapped in other meats! the turkey wrapped in bacon was very good.

oh man im getting hungry now...

Kazu
Site Admin

Post by Kazu » Fri Jun 18, 2004 2:04 am

Actually, it was this one: http://www.greenfieldchurrascaria.com/westcovina.htm

But I'll be sure to try that other one some time. Can't get enough of that BBQ... mmmm....

Coheteboy

Post by Coheteboy » Fri Jun 18, 2004 11:33 am

You know, kazu, I had an idea... you should do a Bolt City - Brazillian BBQ day where people in the area all just meet up, chill, stuff our faces, and enjoy each other's company.

Nofret

Post by Nofret » Fri Jun 18, 2004 12:29 pm

Never had brazillian BBQ, and I am a ravenous carnivore.
I wonder if there are any in Montreal (will flip through the city restaurant guide)...

deantrippe

Post by deantrippe » Fri Jun 18, 2004 12:39 pm

Nofret wrote:Never had brazillian BBQ, and I am a ravenous carnivore.
I wonder if there are any in Montreal (will flip through the city restaurant guide)...

Not interested in being a Flexitarian., then, huh?

Nofret

Post by Nofret » Fri Jun 18, 2004 1:04 pm

Nope! I'm too Omnivorous for that. I need both veggies and meat during the day.
And cheese.
But I could say that my best friend is a flexatarian. That describes her perfectly: mostly veggie based diet, with the odd meat craving once in a while.
Usually junk meat too: hot dogs, salamis, etc...

Brazilian BBQ sounds too delicious...oh wait, we're getting close to supper time here. Tummy is thinking about food. That explains...