What's your drink??

Recommend restaurants, dishes, cuisines, etc.
Piatek

Post by Piatek » Sat Dec 31, 2005 7:09 pm

I don't drink soda, too sweet, and I really don't like coffee, though I'll sometimes drink it if someone offers to be polite.

I love beer: Negro Modelo, Blue Moon, Bass, and Amber Bock are probably my favorites. Bottle or tap, 'course.

Teas are also my love, any kind hot (especially chai!) or blackberry sage iced tea...mmmm...

Red wine, champagne, whisky, and spiced rum also make the list.

Favorite mixed drink? I'm going to have to go with a pina colada, or cola beverage with whisky or rum. I wish I knew some cool-sounding mixed drinks...

pdaoust

Post by pdaoust » Sun Mar 19, 2006 9:57 pm

I love bumping old threads! Makes me feel almost like I didn't miss out on the action the first time around.

Ian: I tried YooHoo when I lived down in Florida for a few months... It was okay, I guess. I didn't like the flakies that floated up from the bottom when I shook it though.

Not a big coffee or alcohol fan either (although some liqueurs are yummy -- I'll have a thimbleful of Capt Morgan's once in a while, and I really do mean a thimbleful, although I don't actually have a thimble). So what do I like? Juice!!! I went to the local wholesale-club-superstore thingy the other night, and picked up some frozen orange juice. Then I walked into another aisle and found some more juice (grapefruit cocktail), and further on down the aisle I found raspberry juice. Then I remembered this great pineapple-orange-carrot-celery stuff my dad had at his house one day, so I picked up some of that too. I felt rather silly at the checkout counter; I had about three gallons of juice, and a single box o' frozen waffles.

jdalton: Timmy's ice-caps sure are good. Where do you live now, you poor soul, that you can't get them?

jdalton

Post by jdalton » Mon Mar 20, 2006 2:14 pm

pdaoust wrote:jdalton: Timmy's ice-caps sure are good. Where do you live now, you poor soul, that you can't get them?
London. (Check the location, yo). Britain also doesn't have proper frozen juice. They have this stuff called "squash" instead which is like unfrozen frozen juice. Now I gotta spend a fortune on juice in cartons. Grr....
Jonathon Dalton
Image Image

Rocky

Post by Rocky » Mon Mar 20, 2006 2:31 pm

kanokadafi wrote:I'm weak when it comes to hard liqour these days, I usually stick with the girly drinks , hahaha.

Madori Sour
I was actually about to post that and I wanted to see if anyone else had! Went to Mexico this Christmas and discovered the wonders of the Madori Sour. The bottom line: Jolly Rancher in alcoholic drink form.

Swizec

Post by Swizec » Mon Mar 20, 2006 2:51 pm

Don't really have a list, but as long as it's above 25%vol then it's good... can't really be arsed to waste my time with lesser booze

pdaoust

Post by pdaoust » Mon Mar 20, 2006 6:25 pm

jdalton: oh. um yes. Well, I think I checked your location, but then either forgot it, or thought you coulda lived in London, ON before you moved out of the country.

I've heard of squash in novels written in the UK (and those awful Whizzer and Chips comics), and I always wondered what 'orange squash' was. Now I know. Thanks!

so what drew you to the UK? Are you doing school there?

jdalton

Post by jdalton » Tue Mar 21, 2006 1:05 pm

pdaoust wrote:so what drew you to the UK? Are you doing school there?
Teaching school, actually. Elementary school. As a substitute teacher. (Primary school as a supply teacher for you Brits). But I'll probably be back in beautiful BC by September- as the BC teacher shortage they've been promising us for years might finally be starting up.
Jonathon Dalton
Image Image

lifelibertyland

Post by lifelibertyland » Sat Dec 02, 2006 9:19 pm

black milk bubble tea!

Felix

Post by Felix » Fri Jun 29, 2007 4:37 am

Non- Alcoholic
Vanilla, Bannana or Chocolate Malt-Shake (Oooh yummy)
Rootbeer
Hot Chocolate

Alcoholic
Dark and Stormy
- Lime juice, ginger beer, white rum, dark rum, lime quaters.
(Or if you ever get to go to Brazil, the local cachasas in a capharinia is always good.)

I never drink coffee, so unpleasant. If i have to drink tea, it comes direct from the chief abbott's pyjamas on Wu-Long Mountain.

peter3

Post by peter3 » Sat Aug 04, 2007 12:19 am

as far as i know alcoholics don't go to bar.i know a story.one of my friends didnt drink but one day he went to to bar with his some friends and didnt touch alcohol there.

smaragddrache

Post by smaragddrache » Sat Nov 10, 2007 8:12 pm

Hmmm... which to choose?

Non-Alcoholic:

-Sumatra extra bold coffee from Starbucks (sooooo delicious with ridiculous amounts of sugar and milk)
-Pomegranate Limeade
-hot peppermint cocoa made on the stove (this is so nice with the weather right now)

Alcoholic:

-Appletini
-Mudslide
-White Russian
-Tawny Port

I am not a big fan of hard alcohol straight up. I drink on a sporadic basis, and mostly am a fan of sweet or fruity drinks. Or milk. Oh the beauty of milk :D

flatrabbit

Post by flatrabbit » Tue Nov 13, 2007 10:32 am

Non-
Green Tea (mostly from Adagio)
Shaken Black Tea Lemonade (unsweetened) from Starbucks.
Hansen's Sodas (Kiwi/Strawberry & Mandarin/Lime)

Alchoholic
Hefeweizen (mostly from the local microbreweries) I have a soft spot for trying every one I can get my hands on.
Vodka w/ Cranberry Juice (this is the most juice I can handle in my alcohol)

Really I'm not a huge fan of a lot of alcohols, In my youth I was less picky.
flatrabbit
--"We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars." - Oscar Wilde
‡ [ home ] ‡

kyle-latino

Post by kyle-latino » Sat Nov 17, 2007 7:41 pm

Guinness. It was the first beer I ever had, and by gum, it will be the last I have before I die. I order it every time I get alcohol.

Should I be feeling adventurous though, I'll try something else as long as it matches my rule of thumb: you can't shine a flashlight through it.

webcomic: dinopartycomics.com
deviantart: kyle-latino.deviantart.com

dark77778

Post by dark77778 » Mon Aug 11, 2008 10:52 am

Vodka: any non-flavoured. Smirnoff, Absolute, Skyy, whatever. Vodka tonic and screwdrivers are always a nice substitute though if I'm just drinking casually. I don't usually like martinis though...they seem to ruin the drink more often than not.

Cap'nCoke if I'm in an off mood or want a change of pace.

Newfie Screech.

Smooth and creamy liqures are also tasty. What's that thing with the elephant I had once? That was good.

Beer: Grasshopper, Canadian, Bud, Nicklebrook Green Apple Beer and Keiths Red with Orange Juice. Lakeport is good too. Beer must be followed up with food. Nacho's, wings or nuts are prefered.

Wine: Anything that isn't bitter. Also hot sake is good (had it cold once...never again).

Misc: Liquid Cocaine is fun to drink and Strip and go naked is tasty if you're prepared for a stomach ache the next morning.

Non-Alcoholic:

Chai tea, Green Tea Frap, Bubble tea, Timothies Green with Apricot tea, (actually...hell, all tea. There's this place called Teaopia around here that serves so many flavours of tea that I can't even begin to dream about sampling them all), Timmies Ice Cap with chocolate milk, orange juice, fruit punch and Sobe Orange+Carrot [call me crazy, most people hate the stuff.]
I'm my own breed of eccentric.