What's your drink??

Recommend restaurants, dishes, cuisines, etc.
JonS

What's your drink??

Post by JonS » Tue Oct 05, 2004 2:14 pm

What do you drink at the bar (or at the pub/club/lounge/strip joint/country club/whathaveyou/wherever it is you tend to get properly throwed :oops: )????

and for the non-alcoholics...i guess, what you drink? (please don't tell me all your top 100 favorite boba flavors :) )

My drink list goes something like:

-whiskey & ginger ale
-seven & seven
-scotch and soda
-bullblaster (aka Jaeger and redbull--tastes like robutussin but seems to make people happy when you gotta buy a round)
-fat tire
-shiner bock
-and there's this local brew in San Diego that I had at the hotel next to the convention center...I need to find out what it is because it is the sweet nectar of the gods.

non-alcoholically....
STASH tea- this stuff is great. they have all kinds of green,white, and
black tea mixes. It's pricey and doesn't beat home brewed stuff but it's pretty damn good.

Starbucks- There's one by my work. I'm a slave to the caffeine potency and the feng shui marketing tactics.

I hope this topic doesn't already exist somehwere on the board.

Reno

Post by Reno » Thu Oct 14, 2004 4:26 pm

HAHA . . . this thread is hilarious. Aren't lonely artists suseptible to becoming booze-hounds? Oh well, I guess here's some fuel for the fire: My favorite drink of all time is called a MacDaddy. The only place I ever had it was in some dive in Williamsburg, Brooklyn. It's apple juice, 7up, and Jameson Whiskey.
If i'm not at the bar, call me old fashioned, but is there a better drink than chocolate milk? You tell me "yes" and i'll call you a liar.
"i wanna rock right now, my name is dave and I came to get down."

Mothos

Post by Mothos » Thu Oct 14, 2004 7:18 pm

My drink list is pretty short.

If I'm looking to get buzzed, beer is the answer. Molson Canadian or something from Granville Island is best.

If beer is taking too long to reach the destination, a Prarie Fire (Vodka/Tequila & tabasco sauce) is the shooter of choice to speed things up.

For sipping drinks, it's got to be a rum(carta blanca) and coke, unless it's Christmas then it's rum(gold) and eggnog.

I never been much of a wine person, but whatever goes best with the meat.

JonS

Post by JonS » Fri Oct 15, 2004 3:37 am

speakin' of wine and being a booze-hound... :)

if you like wine, my recommendations for stuff under $10 (because we're all starving artists) are

Meridian 2000 Cabernet
Georges Duboeuf's 2003 Beaujolais Nouveau (or any vintage, really)
Anything Alice White
Macon Villages White Burgundy

Hang around with arteests enough, and you start getting a taste for this stuff.
I think the first thing I'm gonna do when I eventually move to California is take a trip to Sonoma County/Napa Valley, I hear its beautiful.

Roseparchment

Post by Roseparchment » Fri Oct 15, 2004 6:51 am

1) rootbeer
2)lemonade
3)hot chocolate
4)Constant Comit tea

yuuuum. no alcohol for me! i'm gunna live to be 93!......
eh heh. anyone remember the jiminy cricket song from school? :lol:

Johnny Neat

Whiskey

Post by Johnny Neat » Fri Oct 15, 2004 6:51 am

Whiskey straight up, period.
Visit the GK Movie Watch Blog at www.Galaxykid.blogspot.com

agremar

Post by agremar » Fri Oct 15, 2004 8:41 am

I always try the house or bar special but after, *ahem*, much experimentation I've found my favorite drink is a Dry Manhattan on the rock with olives. If the bartender puts a cherry in it, they don't know what they're doing. It's actually the measure of the bar for me, how well they make this drink. 1/5 dry vermouth, 4/5 bourbon (try the Knob Hill), some aromatic bitters, and a few olives.

2 more and you won't know your name.

in terms of Charbucks I have a 6shot americano. I think if I went in the hospital they'd have to put me on a caffiene drip.

Jonesey

Post by Jonesey » Wed Oct 20, 2004 12:41 pm

hee hee.
Whisky for me!
portfolio site: www.jonesid.com
webcomic: www.whiskysours.com

peng8noodles

Post by peng8noodles » Wed Oct 20, 2004 12:46 pm

jeeze, all this whiskey. i like BLACK COFFEE!! and...ummm...i like boba. alllll kinds. escept honeydew. :D

Nofret

Post by Nofret » Wed Oct 20, 2004 12:57 pm

If I need to work late, those Guru energy drinks do the trick...for now anyway. I'll probably develop some sort of immunity to it, and will have to drink more and more.
Green tea. Some have roasted rice in it. Yummy!

Marguaritas, Sangrias, wine (the Corvo was a nice discovery this year), Muscat, Porto and Smirnoff Ice.

Alex Deligiannis

Post by Alex Deligiannis » Wed Oct 20, 2004 6:02 pm

Starbucks several times a day. I've become addicted I guess, although truthfully caffiene doesn't do anything for me. I can have a pot and then go straight to bed.

For beers, nothing beats an ice-cold Asahi.

If you like champagne, try Wilson Creek's Almond Champagne. Good.

Honorable mentions include cherry coke, dr. pepper, mountain dew code red, and any good horchata.

Post by Guest » Tue Nov 23, 2004 12:03 pm

Non-alcoholic: I'm a big coffee freak. If you happen to be in Seattle, check out Hines Public Market on Eastlake Avenue. Best drip coffee in town. Since I live on the other side of the country now, I have to settle for Starbucks. :(

Beers: Heineken, Guiness, Mac & Jack's (a NW favorite) or a good Belgium white ale (Blue Moon, Hoegaarden are good choices).

Hard A: Appleton Rum, it's from Jamaica and oh so smooth. You can mix it, but I prefer it straight up. :D

jibanez

Post by jibanez » Tue Nov 23, 2004 12:05 pm

Whoops, forgot to log in. The above post is mine. :oops:

pablowapsi

Post by pablowapsi » Sun Mar 06, 2005 9:31 pm

The alcohol list goes:
Johnnie Walker Red or Black on ice
Dewar's on ice
Vodka martinis made with either Grey Goose or Absolute
Summit Extra Pale Ale
Guinness
Fuller's ESB
I like various wines but most give me a headache after one glass.

Otherwise all other times it's coffee or Irish Breakfast tea. Milk before bed. :wink:

Nick

Post by Nick » Tue Mar 08, 2005 2:27 am

Wine (any will do ;) ), preferably white.

If I HAVE to drink beer, it's bottled Grolsch, not canned, as anything from a can tastes filthy to me.

Vodka neat

and of course tea, as I get older I find myself drinking more tea. I think it must be something to do with age. I'll know I'm really old when it's the middle of summer and everyones sweating buckets and I'll think to myself;

mmm I could really go for a cup of tea

At the moment the concept of tea in summer seems crazy, but it will happen and thats when I'll know I'm old. :shock: