Fast Food

Recommend restaurants, dishes, cuisines, etc.
Coheteboy

Fast Food

Post by Coheteboy » Tue Jun 01, 2004 5:21 pm

Wasn't sure where to put this, but it's fast food related and pretty funny/silly. I present... "Ding, Fries are Done." http://www.americanangst.com/dingfries.html

Coheteboy

Post by Coheteboy » Thu Aug 19, 2004 12:50 am

Heh! I almost forget I started this... "popular" thread. Anyway, thought I'd warn you guys not to try the chicken select strips at mcdonald's. those are like... rancid. My jaw still hurts and I ate them two days ago! It was like eating fried rubber dipped in animal semen. (Not that I know what that would taste like!)

But maybe I just went to a location where Grimace wasn't present. Hmm.. if any of you disagree, please chime in.
My name is Dave.

Reagan

Post by Reagan » Thu Aug 19, 2004 3:26 pm

As a rule, I don't eat at McDonald's unless I'm going to die. McDonalds is communism! Eat at In-N-Out. It's the American Way.

Coheteboy

Post by Coheteboy » Thu Aug 19, 2004 10:32 pm

Reagan wrote:As a rule, I don't eat at McDonald's unless I'm going to die. McDonalds is communism! Eat at In-N-Out. It's the American Way.

Haha, in my defense, I was working out of the office and was stuck without a break until 4:30pm. I was STARVING and that was the only fast food place on the way back to the office. But yah... it was nasty. In'n'out is ok... not the best. I know of the best... and I'll tell you all in due time.
My name is Dave.

Mothos

Post by Mothos » Thu Aug 19, 2004 10:52 pm

That song is so very stupid that I giggled myself silly! I can't eat fast food anymore, once you ween yourself off of it, you can't go back. My body literally rejects fast food in the same way it rejects castor oil. Violently ill.

Wow, I just said way too much didn't I?

Yikes. I really should end this post like...

now.

Nick

Post by Nick » Fri Aug 20, 2004 12:09 pm

That song's great; sums up alot of things quite nicely.

I'll stretch to a cheeseburger if I have to, but thats about it. I can barely bring myself to step into a Maccy D, so many kids...so much screaming....ugh the screaming.

What is it about a McDonalds milkshake that causes a tickle in your throat, making you cough?....so many people I know get that.....one of lifes great mysteries....shame we'll never know. Such a terrible shame.

Mothos

Post by Mothos » Fri Aug 20, 2004 12:55 pm

Nick wrote:What is it about a McDonalds milkshake that causes a tickle in your throat, making you cough?

Nicotine.

Nick

Post by Nick » Fri Aug 20, 2004 1:42 pm

Mothos wrote:Nicotine.

:lol: ....that would explain why I'm spending about 80 quid a week on McDonalds milkshakes...maybe that would explain the nervous twitch too...hmm

Debaser

Post by Debaser » Fri Aug 20, 2004 5:30 pm

Best way to wean yourself off fast food : read Fast Food Nation. Ow. I'll eat at McDonalds if absolutely starving now, but that's the only time, as knowing what exactly goes into most of their products is enough to make you an instant vegetarian. Even the french fries are loaded with chemicals - which is probably what makes them so damned addictive.

Can't even touch KFC here after seeing footage of slaughterhouse workers mistreating the animals like you wouldn't believe - the same slaughterhouse that was providing KFC with their meat. Ugh. If those stupid fucking NASCAR commercials weren't enough to keep you off it ...

Coheteboy

Post by Coheteboy » Fri Aug 20, 2004 6:06 pm

Debaser wrote:Best way to wean yourself off fast food : read Fast Food Nation. ...

Haha... not entirely true. I was reading that and got HUNGRIER! Well... some parts were gross but the french fry chapter made me crave some.

And is it me or does mcdonald's soda taste different from EVERYwhere else. I cant' exactly place it... it's like the flavor isn't as strong but they pump up the C2 tank or something...
My name is Dave.

Debaser

Post by Debaser » Fri Aug 20, 2004 6:40 pm

Coheteboy wrote:...And is it me or does mcdonald's soda taste different from EVERYwhere else. I cant' exactly place it... it's like the flavor isn't as strong but they pump up the C2 tank or something...

Probably because it sits in those soda tanks congealing for God knows how long. I knew a girl in school whose grandparents owned some sort of small food establishment, which had one of those press-button instant soda fountain machine ... things. Apparently there would be syrup sludge an inch deep in the bottom of it after a few months of use.

It's enough to make you not-hungry.

Addendum : why the fries taste good.

Monk

Post by Monk » Sat Aug 21, 2004 8:48 am

You guys are so mean... always picking on the poor fast food companies. What did they do wrong except to kill you with flavor?

And I will mention here that the biggest reason I don't eat McDonald's is because you buy it, take it home in your car, and then your car smells like rancid ketchup and lard for an entire week no joke.

Coheteboy

Post by Coheteboy » Sun Aug 22, 2004 1:06 am

Monk wrote:And I will mention here that the biggest reason I don't eat McDonald's is because you buy it, take it home in your car, and then your car smells like rancid ketchup and lard for an entire week no joke.

Hehe... I like that smell. :)

Oh and Debaser, thanks for those links, but I always knew why the fries tasted so good. I'm cool with it. :)
My name is Dave.

donnell

Post by donnell » Tue Aug 24, 2004 7:37 pm

ding frys are done, just made me smile... i wish i could sing so good

Don
i cant read

Kazu
Site Admin

Post by Kazu » Tue Aug 24, 2004 7:47 pm

After eating McDonald's I always feel like I just vurped.