Breakfast of the champions

Recommend restaurants, dishes, cuisines, etc.
Kean
Site Admin

Breakfast of the champions

Post by Kean » Sat May 01, 2004 11:15 am

Ahhh, breakfast: the most important meal of the day. Unfortunately, I never seem to have time enough to eat in the mornings. So when I do, it's usually a nice, relaxed, comfy sort of thing.

What I made this morning, and one of my favourites: spiced potatoes, scrambled eggs, topped with a leftover curry sauce from the night previous (minus the meat, of course). Sounds kinda gross -- unless you're a drunkard from England, I suppose -- but it's surprisingly tasty.

So do you kids have any favourites of your morning meals to share?
Last edited by Kean on Sat May 01, 2004 10:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Eric

Post by Eric » Sat May 01, 2004 7:37 pm

My favourite morning meal would have to be a pot of coffee with warm croissants and strawberry jam.

Niall

Post by Niall » Mon May 31, 2004 7:04 am

My dad has cheese on toast down to an art form, he adds mushrooms, tomatoes, lettuce, grilled potatoes, and chestnuts. It's so nice. Sitting and eating that while watching futurama with my dogs at my feet is a pretty good way to wake up.

Dek

Post by Dek » Tue Jun 01, 2004 5:27 pm

Bah! I like a nice granola bar while bolting out the door to cath the 6:52 bus. On the weekends - toasted bagel, with eggs (not fried, not poached, just sort of...half-mixed, add pepper and microwave ;) and cheese, with possibly green pepper/onions

mmmmmmmm

Post by Guest » Sat Jul 17, 2004 5:36 am

peanut buter, honey, and banana sandwich!

Post by Guest » Wed Jul 28, 2004 3:57 pm

beef jerky and pink lemonade.

Dr. Worm

Post by Dr. Worm » Thu Jul 29, 2004 6:37 am

When I'm tired: quaker Oats breakfast Bars, and coffee. Or Red Bull when it's hot out.

When I'm in the mood for something filling: Diner food!
They call me Dr. Worm....good morning how are you, I'm Dr. Worm.

bannister

Post by bannister » Thu Jul 29, 2004 6:47 am

12 snails, 48 frog's legs, topped with a leftover curry sauce from the night previous. Sounds kinda gross -- unless you're a drunkard from France, I suppose -- but it's surprisingly tasty.

And Baguette, of course.

incognito

Post by incognito » Mon Aug 02, 2004 2:25 am

bannister wrote:12 snails, 48 frog's legs, topped with a leftover curry sauce from the night previous. Sounds kinda gross -- unless you're a drunkard from France, I suppose -- but it's surprisingly tasty.

And Baguette, of course.

I still love that in America its called French Bread but in France its a baquette.