[email protected]!!

Recommend restaurants, dishes, cuisines, etc.
RentAHero

Post by RentAHero » Tue Nov 23, 2004 11:52 pm

Thanks Alex! I'll give the expressos a shot. I recently bought that "double shot" can from starbucks, but i can never really tell if they do anything. Funny you mention greek coffee, I'm greek and I remember it being around as a kid but they would scare the living hell out of me and tell me if I drank any of it it will "stunt my growth" and i will never grow up. Eternal youth sounds nice thinking about it.

jibanez

Post by jibanez » Wed Nov 24, 2004 6:00 am

Cuban coffee's some fun stuff, too. That's if you have access to it. Sadly, there is none in Virginia Beach. :(

Alex Deligiannis

Post by Alex Deligiannis » Wed Nov 24, 2004 11:04 pm

Yasou! I'm greek too! Dad still drinks the coffee from time to time (although he's had to cut back on the caffiene). I loved the stuff as a kid.

Kazu
Site Admin

Post by Kazu » Thu Nov 25, 2004 12:24 am

I prefer Peet's Coffee over Starbucks, because it has a more robust flavor. I do have a Starbucks bean grinder at home, though. There's something great about the daily ritual of grinding beans and brewing coffee in the morning.

I also drank a lot of coffee as a kid, even though people told me it would stunt my growth, but I still grew to be fairly tall, especially for being Japanese. Hmm, maybe I would have had a basketball career if not for all that UCC Ice Coffee...

dik pose

Post by dik pose » Thu Nov 25, 2004 12:45 am

jibanez wrote:Cuban coffee's some fun stuff, too. That's if you have access to it. Sadly, there is none in Virginia Beach. :(

I am Cuban...and I have access to it :D I used to drink milk with cuban coffee in my baby bottle when I was like 3 yrs old...Cubans start young on that stuff I guess...

Post by Guest » Sun Nov 28, 2004 3:48 pm

dik pose wrote:I am Cuban...and I have access to it :D I used to drink milk with cuban coffee in my baby bottle when I was like 3 yrs old...Cubans start young on that stuff I guess...

Oh man, don't I know it! :D I've been drinking it since I was little, too. Might explain why I can drink a regular cup of coffee and go to straight to sleep with no problem.

jibanez

Post by jibanez » Sun Nov 28, 2004 3:49 pm

I have GOT to remember to log in when I reply. :oops:

Alex Deligiannis

Post by Alex Deligiannis » Sun Nov 28, 2004 9:06 pm

jibanez wrote:
Oh man, don't I know it! :D I've been drinking it since I was little, too. Might explain why I can drink a regular cup of coffee and go to straight to sleep with no problem.

Yes! Finally someone who is as tolerant of the ol' java as I am. People always think I'm lying when I tell them I drink a hot venti before bed.

Monk

Post by Monk » Mon Nov 29, 2004 10:10 am

It is a curious thing to me, people's natural tolerances for caffeine. I've been drinking coffee for nigh two years now and all I need to wake right up in the morning is half a cup... :oops:

JonS

Post by JonS » Sat Dec 04, 2004 11:13 am

If you ever go to a vietnamese restaurant they got their indofrench version of ice coffee (cafe suda)--it's a dark roast drip into condensed milk...real sweet but if you use a strong coffee it's nice in a hot city....

which reminds me, a great coffee you can buy at most groceries (i think) is Cafe Du Monde....I used to live in new orleans for a while, coffee and beignets...mmm.

jibanez

Post by jibanez » Mon Dec 06, 2004 6:11 am

JonS wrote:If you ever go to a vietnamese restaurant they got their indofrench version of ice coffee (cafe suda)--it's a dark roast drip into condensed milk...real sweet but if you use a strong coffee it's nice in a hot city....

which reminds me, a great coffee you can buy at most groceries (i think) is Cafe Du Monde....I used to live in new orleans for a while, coffee and beignets...mmm.

Oh heck ya! I visited once and Cafe Du Monde had some excellent coffee. I've seen it sold at specialty stores once or twice, but I'll keep an eye out for it in other markets.

That Vietnamese stuff sounds pretty tasty, too...

Captain Uglyhead

Post by Captain Uglyhead » Fri Dec 17, 2004 5:46 am

Ugh! Coffee! Can't stand the foul stuff. Tastes almost as bad as the rum and whiskey. My poor tongue cannot stand such rigours.

You all must be real strong to drink all of that stuff. I bet you're so strong, could beat up wild bears, and pizza deliverymen too, if you wanted.

Alas, alack, alakazam, the coffee is not for me.
I have no golden guns
and I did not shoot
Joe Paradise.

This means that if I need caffeine to keep me awake, I have to drink fizzy coca-colas or pepsi. After the 3rd can, you don't even taste it anymore...
It follows the continuity of the third Ziganokum movie. It stars Shrub Mikanore as Ziganokum and Bizzorum. With Johothin Griggor as Nebulox.

meliohm

Post by meliohm » Thu Dec 23, 2004 11:34 am

jibanez

Post by jibanez » Tue Dec 28, 2004 7:39 am

Captain Uglyhead wrote:You all must be real strong to drink all of that stuff. I bet you're so strong, could beat up wild bears, and pizza deliverymen too, if you wanted.

You forgot wrestlin' gators and outrunning cheetahs. Otherwise, you're right on the money. ;)

Meliohm:

Yikes! Funny stuff! I never did get the whole "tall" thing. Venti means twenty in Italian, but I never have checked to see if the "ventis" are actually twenty oz. They'd better be lest the squirrel be proven right.