[email protected]!!

Recommend restaurants, dishes, cuisines, etc.
frak

[email protected]!!

Post by frak » Wed Apr 28, 2004 11:38 am

WHat is everyones poison? I was once a barista for 2 years, i didnt like coffe untill i started working there.

Now Im in love with a...

Tall or Grandé (depending on how hungry I am at the moment, or if Iam going to purchase a pastry or not)
Sugar Free Vanilla
Non Fat
Extra Hot
Extra Foam
Laté

and for you baristas out there

SFV
N
XH
XF
L
Frankie Franco III
psalm 25:11
www.frakfraco.com
frakfraco.blogspot.com

Rad Sechrist

re

Post by Rad Sechrist » Wed Jun 02, 2004 3:51 pm

I drink coffee all day long. When I can afford it I get a venti caramel machiato with soy. I don't know how to spell that.

Monk

Post by Monk » Wed Jun 02, 2004 8:21 pm

Just gimme a bottomless cup of whatever Irish roast is on tap for the day, lil' bit o' sugar, lil' bit o' cream. The coffee shop down my street sells a mean Highlander Grogg, whatever that is.

Coffee is the key to productivity 8)

dik pose

Post by dik pose » Thu Jun 03, 2004 12:17 am

Highlander Grogg!!! Oh man, that is the BEST stuff. Love it.

Veleno

Post by Veleno » Thu Jun 03, 2004 9:13 pm

I usually get Venti Caramel Lateés with Whipped cream, cinnimon, and sometimes a bit of nutmeg.

Cerpin

Post by Cerpin » Wed Jul 07, 2004 9:49 pm

I <3 starbucks. I get a grande vanilla bean blend.there is no caffeine in it.but it tastes so good. i dont need caffeine for me, it comes natural.
Y o y a m e v o y.

Monk

Post by Monk » Wed Jul 07, 2004 10:56 pm

Props to Starbucks for just about the best marketing job ever. You can make fun of how ridiculously many locations there are or how expensive it is, but their designs are still pretty cool and you always want to go there when you pass one. Kinda like McDonalds, but not quite so disgusting :P

TheBeff

Post by TheBeff » Thu Oct 28, 2004 5:53 am

im a huge fan of the chai lattes there. in the fall though, i alwasy get the caramel apple cider.

does anyone else have a starbucks with a fountain? because if you do, you should try a strawberry italain soda on account of it's amazing and less than 2 bucks. (vodka optional)
jeph.

Quezzie

Post by Quezzie » Thu Oct 28, 2004 9:07 am

Yeah, I don't know what's up with the Starbucks bashing, unless you're a small privately owned coffee shop under threat. It's still good caffiene, sometimes on three out of four block corners. ._.; You can sit and snack, and take a time out...s'what it's for, and it does that.

I tried a Chai Lattes under a friend's recommendation a couple years ago, and swore then that I'd never tasted anything so wonderful! Usually I get a Tall Skim Latte. Because they took the Short size away.

deantrippe

Post by deantrippe » Thu Oct 28, 2004 10:55 am

I got home to North Georgia from college to find my favorite coffee shops floundering because of the multiple Starbucks locations. I'd rather have a cool hangout than corporate atmosphere any day of the week. Starbucks is the new McDonald's. It's nice to be able to get the exact same drink anywhere you go...or is it?

JonS

Post by JonS » Thu Nov 18, 2004 3:05 am

ready to get sick? starbucks is making a big music initiative. notice how they've started selling special diana krall, norah jones, ray charles, etc. compliation discs? it's only the beginning.

prototype shop: in texas there's now 2 starbucks where you can sit down along a row of booths, login to their music station thingy, put on some headphones and buy and download itunes (or whoever they're partnering with, maybe not apple) then proceed to burn your own cd/minidisc/whatever. The next prototypes should be springing up in california and seattle, of course.

Grab a latte, admire the ultra cool marketing collateral, then let your caffeine buzz ride as you create your own megamix!!!! If the idea actually catches on, it will be evil. and if there's anyone who can sell people overpriced stuff, it's starbucks....

Oh Well, i'll still be going there.

supplement article i found:
http://austin.bizjournals.com/austin/stories/2004/09/20/story5.html

RentAHero

Post by RentAHero » Thu Nov 18, 2004 9:40 am

I'm so new to the coffee world, for the longest time I hated the idea of a something to help me keep awake, I wanted to contorl my own energy. But those days are long gone and when I get out of class and I still have hours of homework to do it makes me feel great!

My question is, I have no idea what the difference between any of this stuff is, like Lattes and Cappacuinos, etc, etc, etc. Which are the strongest drinks, which are the best to you? Can some coffee fan here whip me up a quick vocab list? :lol:

WillisDrummond

Post by WillisDrummond » Mon Nov 22, 2004 9:52 pm

I live in a town where the only cool coffee shop went out of business because of poor management. No one has the dough to keep a shop open late so the crew and I can hang out late. Even the locals are only open til 8 or maybe 9, if that. Starbucks is open til 10:30. And let'em bring the music with'em. At least they're promoting a number of artists. I've seen the shins on some of their mix CDs.
In Soviet Russia, television watches you.

Alex Deligiannis

Post by Alex Deligiannis » Tue Nov 23, 2004 2:14 am

RentAHero wrote:I'm so new to the coffee world, for the longest time I hated the idea of a something to help me keep awake, I wanted to contorl my own energy. But those days are long gone and when I get out of class and I still have hours of homework to do it makes me feel great!

My question is, I have no idea what the difference between any of this stuff is, like Lattes and Cappacuinos, etc, etc, etc. Which are the strongest drinks, which are the best to you? Can some coffee fan here whip me up a quick vocab list? :lol:

If caffiene and coffee affect you (I can drink a cup or two and still go right to bed), then the thing to get when you need a pick-me-up is espresso. It's basically strong coffee (although it still doesn't compare with greek coffee or other foreign joes). You can order it straight up as a shot, or you can have an Americano (espresso and hot water; it dilutes it so you get a full cup to drink, but the espresso amount is still the same). Or you can add espresso shots to basically any drink on the menu (almost). But beware of people telling you to get 6 or 7 shots. You'lll probably just be wasting your money, since from what I hear, the human body only processes about 4 shots of espresso and the rest simply goes to waste (i haven't done the research to back that up, but that's what I've heard). Hope I was of service. See you at starbucks!

Alex Deligiannis

Post by Alex Deligiannis » Tue Nov 23, 2004 2:16 am

WillisDrummond wrote:I live in a town where the only cool coffee shop went out of business because of poor management. No one has the dough to keep a shop open late so the crew and I can hang out late. Even the locals are only open til 8 or maybe 9, if that. Starbucks is open til 10:30. .

That's horrible. Out here most starbucks are open until midnight or 1, some of them til 2. And in newport beach there's a great place called Cafe Ruba that stays open til 2:30 every night. It's a hang-out haven.