Anathallo-Floating World

Recommend albums, songs, bands, etc.
Gunwhale

Anathallo-Floating World

Post by Gunwhale » Sat Aug 19, 2006 10:21 am

Hello, everybody. I've been reading Copper for a couple of months, and I'm new to the Flight forums. I just thought you guys might like to listen to this band from my home state of Michigan. They have multiple members in the band and use a wide variety of instruments. The only group that I can reasonably compare them to is Sufjan Stevens. Real good indie-ish music. Anyway, this is stuff from their latest album, Floating World, which is based off of a Japanese folk tale.

Here is their myspace: http://myspace.com/anathallo

And here is their website:http://www.anathallo.com/index2.html

Hope you guys like them. Their live show is amazing.
Image Image

jdalton

Post by jdalton » Sun Aug 20, 2006 2:34 pm

hot DAMN that's awesome. I mean wow. I just bought/downloaded the album and I can't stop listening to it. I can definitely hear the ukiyo-ness. Is their Japanophilia something they carry through in all their music, or is it just this album? Either way, they have loads of excess talent.

Plus, if Sufjan Stevens is anything like this I'm going to have to check out their stuff as well.
Jonathon Dalton
Image Image

Gunwhale

Post by Gunwhale » Sun Aug 20, 2006 10:54 pm

I'm pretty sure the Japanese influence is just for this album. Once you get the album, the folk tale is explained in the liner notes, so I won't spoil it for you. And I think the other song on their Myspace is from a previous album. I'm glad you like them. :D
Image Image

jdalton

Post by jdalton » Thu Aug 24, 2006 8:36 pm

Gunwhale wrote:Once you get the album, the folk tale is explained in the liner notes, so I won't spoil it for you.
Drat! I bought the MP3 version. One-a these days I'll learn to stay away from that fancy techmology stuff.
Jonathon Dalton
Image Image