MP3/Portable Music Players (iPod topic)

Recommend albums, songs, bands, etc.
Walter

MP3/Portable Music Players (iPod topic)

Post by Walter » Sun Apr 09, 2006 3:09 pm

Who has one of the above?

I got a Creative Zen Vision M (mouthful) for my birthday recently and it is really nice! I could do with some wider codec support and maybe sort by id3 tags, since I prefer to sort albums by date, rather than alphabetically.

If I can get a decent cable signal to my computer, I'll also be able to sync recorded TV from Windows Media Center Edition to it, which would be cool to have since I discovered I have an A/V cable that works with it to put out to a TV anywhere.

The_Noik

Post by The_Noik » Wed Apr 12, 2006 10:27 am

Got an Ipod mini, 4GB version, it rocks! :D

Inky

Post by Inky » Wed Apr 12, 2006 3:20 pm

Mm, I think I have an 512MB iRiver something. I really would've rather bought something else, maybe even an Nano though I still hate them, because this one's weird. I put some songs on it a couple of weeks ago, and two of them play slower than the rest of the songs, so I have to change the playback speed to hear them right.

Oh, and one thing that really bothers me is that it HAS to have a battery in it to do anything USB, because it can't be powered by USB for some reason...

dora

Post by dora » Wed Apr 12, 2006 6:41 pm

I have a 30GB 5G iPod and I like to dress it up.
I made this case the other day:

Dora, just a lurker.

Kazu
Site Admin

Post by Kazu » Wed Apr 12, 2006 6:47 pm

Amy and I have 60 gig iPods, and we use them for carrying files with us on trips. I love my iPod. It's crazy how they've become such a huge part of our culture now.

dora

Post by dora » Wed Apr 12, 2006 8:30 pm

confabulate
I didn't notice it the first time I read the thread... Hi, Walter! *waves*
Dora, just a lurker.

Ian Jay
Location: America: The Magical Land of Neutron Bombs, Lean Pockets, And Napoleon Dynamite

Post by Ian Jay » Sat Apr 15, 2006 3:36 pm

I have a 30 GB Creative Zen Extra from, like, 2003. It's larger than the playing-card-box-size iPod, and it doesn't play movies or anything, only music. I call it "The Brick". Still, it was only $160, so I'll totally recommend them for anyone not looking for music storage instead of cheap thrills.
Kazu wrote:Amy and I have 60 gig iPods, and we use them for carrying files with us on trips. I love my iPod. It's crazy how they've become such a huge part of our culture now.
True. Can you imagine having to explain the concept of an iPod to someone in, say, 1998?

"Oh yeah, well, it's kind of a... it's kind of a computer... that's made only for playing music... it's smaller than a Walkman, but it can hold your entire music collection... also movies, TV, data files, all sorts of things..."

"Oooh, and does it have a radio jack for your jetpack??"

Ladies and gentlemen, but the future is now.

~IJ