Build your own radio station

Recommend albums, songs, bands, etc.
agremar

Build your own radio station

Post by agremar » Fri Mar 10, 2006 4:43 pm

I'm sure most some of you are aware of the music genome project, but I still think it's fairly cool. At www.pandora.com you can get a stream of music based around matches of bands you like. I know the idea of music profiling for sales is rather insidious, but you can get a good stream of music for free and find new things you may not have come across before. I've been using it all day and already come up with a new music list I'm going to have to look into.

Nick

Post by Nick » Fri Mar 10, 2006 4:55 pm

Yeah Pandora is pretty awesome. It's changed a little since I last used it, before you had to register to get anything. You know I was going to come on here and say 'yeah Pandora's pretty good, but they don't do prog rock'....but I just checked and now they do... I'm impressed ^_^ Though my wallet quite possibly might not be, last time I went on here I went on a Frank Zappa binge.

Yuikio

Post by Yuikio » Mon Mar 13, 2006 2:53 pm

I just discovered it recently also. I thought it was cool, but it seems like their criteria are too broad...major key tonality, basic rock songwriting, vocal harmony, etc. It ended up not being as focused as I expected.
Still think it's a cool project and a better idea.