Andrew Bird and the Mysterious Production of Eggs

Recommend albums, songs, bands, etc.
Tylersaurous

Andrew Bird and the Mysterious Production of Eggs

Post by Tylersaurous » Thu Jun 23, 2005 11:40 pm

No one has posted anything about this album yet so... maybe people have not heard it.

This album is superfantastique! And I have a feeling that most people on these board would really dig Andrew Bird so check him out. www.andrewbird.net

he has a wonderful sound... it is kind of hard to describe but he uses a lot of violins and other stringed instruments. Some songs have a modern spaghetti western sound, while other just make you want to Samba, while others will make you want to lead a parade or sit in a corner and berate yourself.l I think it would be hard for anyone to not find something enjoyable about his music. His lyrics are also fantastic... his subjects vary but Monsters and the Apocalypse seem to be a continuing theme that pops up in this album.

He gets a big thumbs up from me... look at his web site sample some songs see what you think, then report back to me once you love him.
i knows it's spelled wrong! i'm just alphabetically apathetic

http://www.tylersaurous.com

Ayo

Post by Ayo » Fri Jun 24, 2005 8:37 am

I don't know who Andrew Bird is, but I bought an awesome minicomic from Jeffrey Brown at MoCCA all about being a fan of Andrew Bird's music (and girls--I mean, I SAID it was a Jeffrey Brown comic...)

It is called These Things These Things.
I can't fly.

goRaina

Post by goRaina » Sat Jun 25, 2005 10:09 am

he puts on one of the coolest live performances i've ever seen.

i'm so-so on 'mysterious production of eggs'...it's got some nice high points for me, but as a whole i wasn't as crazy about it as i was about 'weather systems'--THAT is my favorite album of his. although i think it's a little too short. ;)

Walter

Post by Walter » Tue Jun 28, 2005 10:20 am

Andrew Bird is like what I was expecting Franz Ferdinand to be in the beginning of 'Jacqueline'. then they go all rock-ey whatever because that's what they do.

Also, he's one HELL of a whistler

dave roman

Post by dave roman » Fri Jul 01, 2005 9:26 am

Andrew Bird used to play with the Squirrel Nut Zippers. Its interesting how his older CD's sound like them too. One of the CD's has a cover by Chris Ware!

But yeah, Weather Systems is my favorite of his current stuff, and like Raina said he is AMAZING live. We saw him open for the Magnetic Fields last year and he did a one man performance that had to be seen to believed. We fell in love on the spot.

Kazu
Site Admin

Post by Kazu » Fri Jul 01, 2005 9:52 am

Oh man, he is amazing live. I saw him play at the Largo in LA recently. The way he layers his violin it creates an immense and beautiful wall of sound. Really, really impressive. He also had one kick-ass drummer that looked like Ted Raimi.

freestyle trombonist

Post by freestyle trombonist » Fri Nov 04, 2005 11:13 am

heh, i knew there'd be a post about him on this forum.
i finally checked out mysterious production of eggs yesterday, and i've listened to it like 6 times. i like it a lot. i'm going to the show in cambridge.

i really should learn to check out my friends' recommendations as soon as they are given. i'd have so much more indie cred if i could say "man, i've been listening to andrew bird for YEARS!" hehehehe.

Walter

Post by Walter » Fri Nov 04, 2005 3:23 pm

freestyle trombonist wrote:heh, i knew there'd be a post about him on this forum.
i finally checked out mysterious production of eggs yesterday, and i've listened to it like 6 times. i like it a lot. i'm going to the show in cambridge.

i really should learn to check out my friends' recommendations as soon as they are given. i'd have so much more indie cred if i could say "man, i've been listening to andrew bird for YEARS!" hehehehe.
Let me know how it is! The only shows near me are 21+ or on my sister's wedding

Walter

Post by Walter » Mon Apr 30, 2007 8:15 am

He is actually playing a free instore performance at Amoeba Records tonight in LA at 7 PM. I am looking into greyhound tickets, so maybe I can see him finally!

maizekid

Post by maizekid » Mon Sep 17, 2007 10:06 pm

I saw him open for Ani Difranco... Man I was totally blown away.. One dude and he just killed!.. ALL of his albumns are amazing..