Q And Not U!

Recommend albums, songs, bands, etc.
Butcher Blind

Q And Not U!

Post by Butcher Blind » Fri Apr 08, 2005 9:55 am

What wonderfull rockers they are.
Q and not U are a power trio of terrific talent who never fail to bring the rock.
Last night, 10pm, University of Richmond, i saw god, and he was a slightly chubby blonde guy wearing a skin tight lycra shirt and a white bandana around his neck.
For the next hour i would go on a mystical journey of love and wonder.
His fanciful dancing brought the charisma, his bass playing skills brought the funk and his guitar brought the groove, and thats just the singer!

Anyways, they are a really good indie rock band, who are very creative and very down to earth.
They played the little tiny strings inbetween the end of the guitar neck and the tuners, they played the synthesizer with karate chops, oh ,and when he busted out that Toys R' Us harmonica keybourd my mind was shattered, then put back toghether as a whole new mind, a more open mind, a more inspired mind.

Their fancy riffs and gritty harmonies left my ears in a pulsing nirvana. I am forever changed by the wonders of Q and not U.

They just started this tour, so i advise anyone living in the americas to go watch them as they are special indeed.

Q AND NOT U

PS: Their latest (i think) album is 'No Kill No Beep Beep' give it a listen.

Tylersaurous

Post by Tylersaurous » Thu Apr 21, 2005 2:09 pm

Q and not U is an amazing band! Their most recent album is actually called Power it just came out near the end of 2004. It is probably my favorite album from Q and not U I would reccomend finding a copy buying is immediatley. Track number 4 and 10 have some rocking fife soloes.

Sounds like you got to go to an awesome show, I wish they would come to Minnesota
i knows it's spelled wrong! i'm just alphabetically apathetic

http://www.tylersaurous.com

Olerud

Post by Olerud » Sun May 08, 2005 5:57 pm

Left lane must turn left at signal...

UberShep

Post by UberShep » Sun May 08, 2005 10:48 pm

I like Scrabble.

WillisDrummond

Post by WillisDrummond » Tue May 17, 2005 7:39 am

I was introduced to the Q and not U by a friend who used Wonderful People in a short film. (the song can be downloaded at their website). I was hooked. My friend is loaning me Power and the album they made before that. Synths, danciness, catchiness, mmm. It's like a bowl of Cinnamon Toast Crunch. They were in Seattle not too long ago, and I hear they rarely tour. Wish I could've caught'em.
In Soviet Russia, television watches you.

Kazu
Site Admin

Post by Kazu » Tue May 17, 2005 10:50 am

I saw these guys play a short set at Coachella last year, and they had a really adolescent, self-congratulatory, "fight the man" anti-Bush diatribe that was really annoying. Aside from that, I didn't have enough time to get into the music, so maybe I'll look for some songs and give them a listen...

Butcher Blind

Post by Butcher Blind » Thu May 19, 2005 6:23 am

they didnt bring politics into the show this time, though it was a 'planned parenthood' sponsored event.

willis: they seem to go to the same places every time they tour though, so you will probebly see them eventuelly. They have come here 5-6 times now.

WillisDrummond

Post by WillisDrummond » Tue May 24, 2005 7:16 am

Am I nuts to think Wonderful People is a great song? I can't stop listening to it. I'm not really up on the dancy post punk genre, or dance and funk in general. Are Q and Not U doing something original, or do these guys sound like prince rehashes?
In Soviet Russia, television watches you.