dEUS

Recommend albums, songs, bands, etc.
davidhopkins

dEUS

Post by davidhopkins » Wed Feb 16, 2005 8:12 am

My favorite band of all time. Been listening to them since high school. My friend from Belgium let me borrow his CD. He hated dEUS, but thought I'd like it. I did.

I listen to dEUS when I'm writing. dEUS is like a tiny controlled nervous breakdown in music form.

Here's their official website:
http://www.deus.be

But this site has better information:
http://www.hotellounge.com
:: antihero ::

bannister

Re: dEUS

Post by bannister » Thu Feb 17, 2005 11:20 am

davidhopkins wrote:My favorite band of all time.
Same for me. I listen to them from the first album. It's really something. I love them.

davidhopkins

Post by davidhopkins » Fri Feb 18, 2005 7:57 am

Cool! What's your thoughts on the new dEUS stuff (Instant Street, Sister Dew, etc.)? I still really like it, clearly the band is evolving-- but I miss some of the older material.

A new album is in the works.

bannister

Post by bannister » Fri Feb 18, 2005 8:12 am

"Crash" is more mature than "in a Bar Under The Sea", but less surprising I think. I was more touched by "In a bar..."
"crash" has some really good songs, they are much more accessible than the oldest albums, but i think less accesible songs are those who last for a long time. Like "Roses" or "theme from Turnpike". Those songs really made the albumbeing what it is. But I must admit I really love "little arythmetics". :P

I'm glad to know they're working on stuff, I'm waiting for so long. I just hope thay won't capitulate to the markets laws.

davidhopkins

Post by davidhopkins » Fri Feb 18, 2005 12:01 pm

bannister wrote:"Crash" is more mature than "in a Bar Under The Sea", but less surprising I think.
I think that's a good way to describe it. Ideal Crash is more approachable and market friendly, but "In a Bar Under the Sea" is a revelation of sound-- favorite songs on that album are "Roses" and "Nine Threads".

However, my FAVORITE dEUS song is from the My Sister=My Clock EP. I love the Horror Partyjokes.