Dan the Automator fans....

Recommend albums, songs, bands, etc.
EQ

Dan the Automator fans....

Post by EQ » Wed Nov 03, 2004 12:53 pm

Handsome Boy Modeling School (Dan The Automator & Prince Paul) are coming out with a new album "White People" on Nov. 9th.
I cannot wait for this, their first album was dope.
-b

Reno

Post by Reno » Wed Nov 03, 2004 1:39 pm

oh yeah,
his collaboration with the lead singer of Glassjaw came out this summer called "Head Automatica" and it was, for my house anyway, the party album of the summer. Check it out.
"i wanna rock right now, my name is dave and I came to get down."

WillRyan

Post by WillRyan » Tue Nov 23, 2004 2:10 pm

Head Automatica sounds awesome. I'll have to look for it. I've had DtA's Deltron 3030 album in and out of my cd player for the last year. Then I found the instrumental cd.

Any word whether or not he's going to be involved with the new Gorillaz cd?
-willryan

Sketchy

Post by Sketchy » Tue Nov 23, 2004 7:21 pm

I picked up "White People" last week and nearly threw it away. There are several redeeming tracks to the CD, but for those who love the first Handsome Boy disc, just enjoy it by itself. White People tries to mix rap and rock too hard and ends up failing. Also there are bits of Tim Meadows doing "The Ladies Man" which were not entertaining in the slightest. To add insult to injury, the bits are tacked on to the ends of several songs (maybe to prevent copying?). Also there is a really long Father Guido Sarduchi bit at the end that is really boring. Price Paul and Automator are just running their ideas into the ground and "White People" the smouldering reckage. And I love all of Automators other stuff: Gorillaz, Dr. Ocatogon, even Lovage was alright.
"I love you like a fat kid loves cake."
-50 Cent

Joey

Post by Joey » Sun Dec 12, 2004 11:29 pm

Apparently Automator's out and Danger Mouse is in for the new Gorillaz CD. We'll see...you can hear a few of their new songs (and see a new video!) at the new gorillaz.com But the site is like a maze, so expect to spend some time there, ha ha.
Visit the Tragic Planet!

Azzamckazza

Post by Azzamckazza » Tue Dec 14, 2004 9:35 pm

Then I found the instrumental cd.

What?? Gotz to get me that. I was listening to DtA's 'Wanna buy a monkey?' today and it reminded me how much I love 'Positive contact' - kickass sound to that track, would love to get an instrumental-
ImageImage

EQ

Post by EQ » Thu Dec 16, 2004 11:02 am

I can't believe Automator would not be working on the new Gorillaz project, he did the whole first CD basically. Their hit singles were all automator on the beats, that is weird... but i do enjoy Danger Mouse production.
-brad