Death Cab For Cutie

Recommend albums, songs, bands, etc.
WillisDrummond

Post by WillisDrummond » Mon Nov 22, 2004 8:32 pm

I've seen Death Cab twice. Once with Pedro the Lion last March, the other a week and a half ago at a local University. They really reproduce their recorded sound well. I wouldn't mind them having a little more energy, but they are definitely worth seeing live.
who cares if they signed with Atlantic? It's most musician's dream to be able to live off of their craft, so more power to'em. I can't say I really enjoy some of the crowd they are drawing now. (man, i sound like an elitist)
In Soviet Russia, television watches you.

Kean
Site Admin

Post by Kean » Sun Aug 14, 2005 11:38 pm

I'm reviving this old thread just to mention that the new Death Cab album has leaked on to the inter nets. Enterprising individuals might be able to find it somewhere out in the ether...

Joe Shig

Post by Joe Shig » Mon Aug 15, 2005 12:52 am

I saw an OC episode where one of the characters had Death Cab tickets. I couldn't stomach the rest of episode so I didn't get to see whether or not they went to the show.
--Joe.

kamikazestyle

Post by kamikazestyle » Mon Aug 15, 2005 4:56 pm

the hype kinda killed this band for me. i used to be really into them but they gradually started to bore me. i really liked the first 2 but HATED transatlanticism. couldnt even finish it i got so bored.

i do however have the new album if anyone wants it.

amhardly

Post by amhardly » Sun Nov 13, 2005 12:29 am

I've seen these guys twice live, and they're totally into it. I personally wish they'd play a little more from their heads live, though. It sounds exactly like the album. And BOTH times I saw them, I missed most of the opening show. I missed Tilly & the Wall (whom I saw later, they're amazing of course), and just recently I missed Stars (who were the reason I went to the show).

Also, DCfC were on the OC so they've developed the little 16-year-old girl fanbase which is bothersome.

I'm finally getting into We have the facts and Something About Airplanes. I still don't have you can play these songs with chords and I already loved the photo album and transatlanticism, though I think I like their older stuff better, now. Plans disappointed me at first but it's slowly grown on me. It doesn't display the talent the old stuff did but it's got a few great songs, nice melodies, interesting lyrics.

Hm. This thread was last posted in on August 15, but it's still on the first page, so am I dredging up old topics or is this okay to do?

Perhaps to add something to the discussion would be appropriate: Anyone else have thoughts on the new album?

I apologize if this is an old topic that I shouldn't post in. I'm new to this forum and unsure about etiquette here.
Ben Saufley
Webmaster, Artist
http://www.confuse-me.com

slavidzee

A year later,

Post by slavidzee » Thu Dec 08, 2005 2:19 pm

Hey, I just discovered Deathcab a couple days ago after having listened to Postal Service for about a year. I'm actually thoroughly enjoying Transatlanticism for its poetic lyrics. Are the previous records any more recommended? How about their new record?

Kean, please set a strip to a deathcab or a postal service song! Or I'll have to do it myself!
You are what you do repeatedly

Makafui

Post by Makafui » Wed Jan 25, 2006 4:42 am

I will be going to see deathcab in about a month they will be touring the UK, perhaps might even go and see them twice. amazing amazing band... i wanan see pedro the lion to :(

Yuikio

Post by Yuikio » Thu Jan 26, 2006 10:30 pm

Oh man. I've been playing "Crooked Teeth" on repeat for the last couple days. The lyrics, those chords, that bridge...so good.

I really like "Plans" as a whole. Soul Meets Body is still listenable, Marching Bands, I'll Follow You, all good.

...whose tears didn't care, they just hung in the air/and refused to fall, to fall.

I likey. And I haven't generally liked them in the past. The lyrics have always been terrific, but mostly the music has been less inspiring than on Plans.

Jehucampos

Post by Jehucampos » Sat Sep 02, 2006 3:42 pm

They truly are amazing. Have you guys heard the B sides on their 7" singles from Plans? I need to record them to my computer, because it's great music that's not on the internets.
"Be well, do good work, and keep in touch."