Soundtracks

Recommend albums, songs, bands, etc.
lupus6x9

Soundtracks

Post by lupus6x9 » Tue Dec 23, 2008 12:00 pm

Soundtracks exceed anything else, in my opinion. James Newton Howard, Hans Zimmer, Danny Elfman, John Williams... the list goes on and on for great composers. And you can't forget video games, either!

Here's some of the stuff I listen to, provided last.fm is working this time. I just created the radio station yesterday, so don't count on relevancy, but I listen to it when it is working.

http://www.last.fm/listen/user/lupus6x9/personal

Felix

Post by Felix » Thu Apr 09, 2009 6:26 am

Soundtracks are worth a listen, although at times they can run away with the point as you don't have the intended visuals with you...

Also, you can't forget Lalo Shifrin

Crowmire

Post by Crowmire » Thu Jun 04, 2009 1:42 am

when drawing I prefer soundtracks over bands as I get distracted easily if background music has lyrics. Also, some of the bands I like tend to be too chaotic(i.e The Mars Volta, Meshuggah, King Crimson..)

I've noticed that movie soundtracks often create too strong images of the movie itself, so I started to collect playlist from game soundtracks that has the atmosphere I'm hoping to capture to the picture.
Sometimes it's just background ambient and it it works great.

Here's some soundtracks I've liked.

-The Witcher(game), some great tracks, I removed combat tracks from the playlist though.

-Severance: blade of darkness(game, also known as Blade: the edge of darkness) awesome soundtrack, Conan style! great game too :P

Neverwinter Nights(game) some good tracks.

Only movie soundtrack that I can think of right now is Bramstoker's Dracula(the one made in 90's), one of my fav. movie soundtracks.