Recommending some Norwegian musiscians.

Recommend albums, songs, bands, etc.
Muffin

Recommending some Norwegian musiscians.

Post by Muffin » Wed Aug 08, 2007 5:13 am

Röyksopp!
If you like electronica, you may like this. :) I love Röyksopp, and I know quite a few people over the sea have heard about them aswell, but more people should!

Here's a few links to their songs/musicvideos on youtube, but you really should find the songs in better quality and listen to them. But this could start you off. :)

Eple, Remind Me and Only This Moment for example.

Kings of Convenience is also on my top list.
I'd Rather Dance with you, Toxic Girl and so on. :)

Futuredigga

Post by Futuredigga » Tue Aug 05, 2008 8:29 am

This thread is made of win, haha. I just wanna add some more:

Turbonegro - "Turbonegro (Turboneger in Norway) is a Norwegian glam punk band that combines hard rock and punk rock into a style the band describes as "deathpunk".

Among the band's main influences are Black Flag, Rolling Stones, KISS[1], Venom, Radio Birdman, AC/DC, Iggy Pop & James Williamson[2], Circle Jerks, Ramones, Alice Cooper, Negazione[3], The Dictators and The Stooges,[4] as well as Norwegian rock like DumDum Boys, Raga Rockers and Jokke & Valentinerne."

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turbonegro

Gluecifer - "Gluecifer was a hard rock band based in Oslo, Norway. Formed in 1994, they produced several underground releases during their first years of existence and soon claimed to be "kings of rock".

In 1997, the album Ridin' the Tiger (released on record label White Jazz) provided an artistic and commercial breakthrough and placed Gluecifer among Hellacopters from Sweden at the forefront of the Scandinavian hard rock wave of the late 90s. Basement Apes, their fourth album, saw them signing with Sony Music, and Automatic Thrill became their biggest-selling record to date.

The band played at the 2004 Quart Festival as warmup for Monster Magnet.

In July, 2005, the band announced their break-up."

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gluecifer