Deltron 3030

Recommend albums, songs, bands, etc.
lhrybyk

Deltron 3030

Post by lhrybyk » Wed Jun 13, 2007 7:34 pm

I don't know how many hip hop fans are on this forum, but I was wondering if anyone has enjoyed Deltron 3030 as much as I have. It's been a while since it first was released and is easily my favorite hip hop album ever. Produced by Dan the Automator w/ raps by Del the funky homosapien-it's the collaboration that set in motion Gorillaz. The theme of the album is that its the year 3030 and Deltron is a freelance rapper going to futuristic rhyme battles with aliens. If you've ever read the comic Transmetropolitan by Warren Ellis- this would be a perfect soundtrack for it. Even if you don't care for hip hop I recommend checking it out. It will totally make your day. 20 solid tracks beginning to end!

Joey

Post by Joey » Wed Jun 13, 2007 9:37 pm

Yeah, this album is great! I remember reading an interview with Automator in an issue of Giant robot a year or so ago, and he mentioned working on a new Deltron album....but I haven't heard anything since then...anybody know anything?
Visit the Tragic Planet!

lhrybyk

Post by lhrybyk » Thu Jun 14, 2007 9:24 am

There's always been rumors of another album, but nothing official. Del hasn't put out a real album in six years.

Felix

Post by Felix » Thu Apr 09, 2009 6:40 am

Thanks for this post, I just checked out a couple of tracks on youtube. Now I'ma get the album!!

Great stuff.

But if you like Deltron then hear these, they can usually be found on youtube:

Oddisee - (Book Of Days ft. Soulstice and tracks 'Propa' and 'Such is Life')

and try

Kenn Starr - ('Starr Status' and 'Against the Grain')

Let me know what you think