Update on my Animation project

Post illustrations, animation, graphic design, sketches, etc.
BigJKO

Update on my Animation project

Post by BigJKO » Tue Feb 27, 2007 4:45 am

If you remember the little animation I posted before Christmas, here's the soon-to-be finished version of it. Nothing's absolutely final (especially the intro and outro text) except for the animation.

Click here to view it.

Currently, I'm waiting for my friend to finish up on the music and have started on my second project featuring this little guy. Trying to step it up a little bit in complexity. It's still just a silly little, very short story but now the main character is a bit more interesting visually.

Last time, when I posted the first version, Pascal and another animation guru recommended I worked on the timing. Seeing as this was a very little project, with very limited time, I couldn't do a whole lot, but I tried to put pauses in some important places (f.ex. before he pulls a club out of his body/bag, and when he realizes he's just putted his head) but it's still a very fast animation. I like to think that in it being so fast it's going to encourage the viewer to play it a couple of times because he wants to see all the little details.

The golf ball being white is a problem right now, which I'm thinking would be easily solved by putting a grey line around the ball, but if you have other suggestions they're welcome.

Last, but not least, I need help with a name for it. Golf is simply too general and boring, but I can't come up with something that's appropriately cheesy yet not too cheesy.

Oh, and I've slightly redesigned my website.

MG

Post by MG » Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:20 pm

That's awesome! I think the timing is perfect, especially when he pauses after putting on his hat. I can't wait to see it with sound!

I'm not very good at coming up with funny titles, but something about having a "good head for golf" might work, though it's pretty cheesy.

Good job!

BigJKO

Post by BigJKO » Sun Mar 04, 2007 11:43 am

Thanks MG.

I like your name suggestion. Something referring to his head is perfect, at least.

pokedachef

Post by pokedachef » Sun Mar 04, 2007 12:03 pm

haha awesome stuff john! Maybe a title could be that he's "ahead of the game!"
-Piotr
My Art Blog

BigJKO

Post by BigJKO » Sun Mar 04, 2007 12:11 pm

Haha! Love that title. Reminds me of a scene from Austin Powers.