more panel inks

Post illustrations, animation, graphic design, sketches, etc.
megrar

more panel inks

Post by megrar » Wed Jan 10, 2007 11:22 am

reworking pages is so much harder than just doing them well in the first place.

critique/advice is deeply appreciated!

AmericanNinjaX

Post by AmericanNinjaX » Wed Jan 10, 2007 11:40 am

Hey Meg, I've seen your work on Deviantart before and I've always felt a love for it's charm. So it's great to see you here as well.

I love the styling and weight to the inking through all these pieces. There's one tiny minute thing that sticks out as a possible critique. I notice that you have a great deal of heavy blacks and organic lineflow throughout these pieces, the only place any variation seems to be lacking is in the faces. I think small weight changes in the facial lines would compliment the rest of the pieces really well. Tiny things, like a hint of heavier lineweight on the undercurves of the noses, or some on the upper eyeline.

The depth that the rest of the pieces have is phenomenal, though.

Nofret

Post by Nofret » Wed Jan 10, 2007 11:59 am

I'll agree with AmericaNinjaX on the crits (hi you! Nice to see you on here!): a slightly darker shadows on some of the facial feature will help them pop out a tiny bit more - important if you're planning to keep the art B&W. With colours, your thin lines may work as the colours will be doing the job of sculpting the features.
Apart from that, beautiful lines, clear solid drawings.

ChadTHX1138

Post by ChadTHX1138 » Sat Jan 13, 2007 9:00 pm

nice work you have here...i look forward to more.
Chad Townsend

aaron

Post by aaron » Sun Jan 14, 2007 12:48 am

yea, I agree with AmericanNinjaX. But I would keep it in the face, the line weight variations that is. I actually, stylistically like the same line weight everywhere else.

lifelibertyland

Post by lifelibertyland » Sun Jan 14, 2007 9:17 am

I dunno where everyone's seeing this line weight variation. It looks to me as though the drawings were outlined with a single nib and the black areas were filled with a brush, or brush pen. But the lines are pretty consistant, no change in weight. That just appears to be the style of maintaining consistant line form.

I think the 2nd drawing is the strongest. I really like the fact youy're begun to use the black as a color not just a shadow and letting the white become the outline (around the armor and the little boy/girl's shirt.)

The only thing I would like to see is some more mid tones, maybe a little crosshatching or something to develop a greyscale, otherwise you're not using enough black.

Mbellamy

Post by Mbellamy » Wed Jan 17, 2007 2:54 pm

I love your inking line quality. Very nice =)